The Dark Knight Rises vs. Man of Steel

24 comments

6 comments

Two DC blockbusters that get a lot of undeserved hate. Man of Steel is the film I'd rather watch.

Both were disappointing in their own ways, but I don't hate either of them. It's Batman for me.

The melodrama of Super-Man allows for the predictable bomb countdown, not Batman. I understand and can justify Zod's reasons for doing what he did, not Bane's. And I'll admit for being a sucker of origins stories over sequels, but MoS finally captures what decades of Super-Man films have attempted to do with virtually no success, and for that, Snyder and Nolan deserve a huge amount of praise.

I will be first to admit I hated TDKR when it came out mainly for the undesrved hype (I want to puke every time someone tells me it the greatest movie they have ever seen) but after seeing superman i can at least say that the dark knight rises had more than 1 real character, it had a full through storyline, and character arch (a half baked one, but one non the less). MoS was fun when I watched it but i have had nothing but complaints for it since i saw it. It just was not a well made movie.

I loved both, but The Dark Knight Rises is the king of all comic book movies in my eyes.

TDKR grew more and more on me with repeat viewings. I was probably more disappointed by TDKR on initial viewing than I was with MoS, but TDKR had a taller pedastal to fall from. What few quality moments and genuinely interesting scenarios MoS has are overshadowed by the fact that it is insincere, boring, humourless and, for the most part, uninterested in its characters for the most part. Yet even the effects/action set pieces have no real tension or weight to them, aside from obligatory 9/11 references. At least TDKR was emotionally engaging, ergo more entertaining.

TDKR still reigns supreme...

Man of Steel was just so devoid of personality and style, I found it difficult to stay engaged. The Dark Knight Rises didn't disappoint me the way Man of Steel did, so it's an easy winner here.

i'm with Connerwood1998 both get way to much hate over all the dark knight rises is slightly more enjoyable.

I found TDKR too flawed, especially in comparison to the first two. Not a bad film but very flawed. Sure, MoS is possibly just as flawed but not having any plot twist such as the one in TDKR makes this the winner for me. However, I'd be lying if I said MoS didn't underwhelm be a little

Man of steel stood out for me in this one, TDKR had a few noticeable flaws for me, and neither did I enjoy the plot twist in the end. I think Snyder and Nolan did a pretty good job in bringing superman to the big screen,

Neither quite lived up to my expectations, but TDKR turned out to be a fantastic experience and a great ending to a trilogy nonetheless. MoS on the other hand was enjoyable and at times quite compelling, but TDKR is the easy winner here.

The Dark Knight Rises was indeed flawed, but I still really enjoyed it. Man of Steel was also indeed flawed,...but it's shit.

Man of Steel gets undue hate. TDKR gets a lot of undue admiration. Man of Steel was a very flawed stepping stone, Rises was a unsatisfying waste of a movie. I'll take Man of Steel pretty easily.

Both are extremely flawed,overrated superhero flicks but its an easy choice for me.TDKR wins. It at least has some heart and some scenes are extremely thrilling and entertaining. MOS on the other hand is cold,soulless, and just outright stupid. Its one of the worst movie experiences I've had in 2013.TDKR>MOS

Both were perfect for what they were trying to accomplish. The Dark Knight Rises wins.

All three Nolan Batman films are better than MoS, which is trying to emulate the TDK trilogy. MoS was good but the Rises was better in my opinion. It also had a better villain. "You think this gives you power over me?"

The Dark Knight Rises is vastly superior to Man of Steel. Tom Hardy and Christian Bale are a much better team than a stick and his one dimensional fathers.

Already commented but couldn't resist; "You think Nolan is your ally? But you merely adopted the Nolan formula. I was born with it, moulded by it. I didn't see Zack Snyder until I already had a remake in the works, by then he was nothing to me but SHALLOW!"

I liked the cast of Man of Steel more love the Characters of ZOD and Jor-EL it stayed more true to the universe than Rises hope the Joker and Sinesrto have cameos in Batman vs Superman.

I'll be honest after watching Man of Steel again it really fell under for me I don't know why but I didn't really enjoy it all that much The Dark Knight Rises wins so easily

I don't like any of them they're, both boring

A lot of people hate on both movies but I love both. The Dark Knight Rises wins for me.

I didnt like either films but Man of Steel was way too rushed and threw in to many Eater eggs and answered no questions about the DC universe ! DKR was cool but had awful characters and incomplete story plus that Bane was a pussy! still DKR wins

Rises

The Dark Knight rises is much better. It has a better villain, better cinematography and a far better story.

TDKR is better in anyway

The Dark Knight Rises is way better than any DCEU movie except Zack Snyder’s Justice League

dark knight rises is masterpiece, man of steel is bad

TDKR is better for me, Man of Steel was a bad introduction to the DCEU

TDKR is a classic , one of the best superhero movies around. Man of steel was really good (havent seen since 2013) but it aint holding a candle to rises

Both were very disappointing but Id much rather rewatch TDKR I think

dark knight rises nothing disappointing bad

Most DCEU movies should just never be compared to any of the Nolan Trilogy. They're on entirely different tiers