Captain America: Civil War vs. The Dark Knight

18 comments

46 comments

Woohoo. At least The Dark Knight isn't a movie only for 14 years old.

Uh, Dark Knight please.

The Dark Knight still remains number one in it's genre, and I'll doubt that will ever change for me personally.

I'll take Batman still.

If it wasn't for Heath Ledgers performance it wouldn't even be close. I had more fun with Civil War, but as far as pure acting Dark Knight has it. Hard choice.

Removing Ledger from TDK is like removing Hopkins' Hannibal Lector from Goodfellas

I'm on the MCU bandwagon...Civil War.

The Dark Knight is the pinnacle of superhero filmmaking. It doesn't need lame one-liners, and excessive CGI action scenes to be successful. It was story and acting driven. Civil War is a forgettable film, all style no substance.

The Dark Knight is the best live action superhero movie ever, and probably won't be topped. Certainly not by a mediocre Marvel movie.

Civil war, I still love The Dark Knight as well

Congratulations to Christopher Nolan for holding back not one, but TWO CBM trilogies under his mighty boot in 2016. TDK Trilogy still reigns supreme over the CBM cinematic landscape. Take a bow, Nolan, you have truly earned it.

Batman Begins (9.5/10) > First Avenger (4/10) The Dark Knight (10/10) > Winter Soldier (8/10) The Dark Knight Rises (8/10) > Civil War (7.5/10) A consensus clean sweep victory for the Nolan trilogy!

Did Dickhead just post the same retarded message on three different threads? How fucked up and empty is your life that this is how you sustain yourself? I swear, motherfucker is gonna top himself the day Nolan retires.

Captain America delivers more because he's part of a larger universe. Nolan's Batman is already forgotten.

Dark Knight delivers in every category of filmmaking. It's a near perfect movie. People can nitpick it all they want, but from a technical standpoint, and a storytelling standpoint it's nearly flawless.

Don't you wish all comic book movie could be this good?

Civil War is pretty good, but Dark Knight just edges here..

Civil War is superior in every way.

Civil War is a decent watch but The Dark Knight is incredible. For a superhero movie, it really is something else...

Civil War and it's not even close at this point. A jewel in a 20 motion picture crown beats any one effort.

I’m switching my opinion to Civil War.

Civil War most definitely far superior.

Have to agree Civil War is the best film.

Cxfatesniper8ck's comments suck to me, so The Dark Knight by a mile.

Sucker idiot TheFireRises.

Can this nonsense stop now? Please?

The Dark Knight.

MCU is the far best universe of all the century.

Civil War is far superior, TDK is overrated.

Definitely Civil War.

Cxfatesniper8ck's cheating again, so THE DARK KNIGHT by far.

The Dark Knight smashes Civil War.

The Dark Knight still smashes Civil War.

The Dark Knight superior by far.

The Dark Knight. Civil War was borderline boring at times.

>be me >sees this is the largest debate on here >sees why >smh BUT Dark Knight by FAR.

Whilst the Dark Knight has a messy first act, it really takes some interesting turns in the second and third acts. Its questions about the morality of the people of Gotham are far more interesting than anything civil war brings up. Civil War is more of an excuse to have the characters fight and its message isn't as important as the spectacle. By the end of Civil War everything okay and the emotional stakes aren't as strong. In the later films the conflict is almost completely ignored. The dark knight leaves a much stronger impact on the viewer and I believe it's better than Civil War.

Civil War is barely a movie. A collection of set pieces with no real compelling antagonist and no real journey for the heroes. At the end of the movie the heroes are nursing their bruises like the end of a Little Rascals episode. No one has changed. Anyhoo, if baby food is your thing, Civil War is easy to swallow.

The Dark Knight superior by far.

Civil War outclasses it by a factor of ten at the least.

TDK comfortably.

Civil War no contest at all.

another discussion ruined by repeat commenters. Anyway, The Dark Knight is a superbly crafted thriller while Civil War is fun but easily forgotten.

Another discussion ruined by retards. Civil War is a superbly crafted gem. Best of a better trilogy.

@Fontinella This isn't a match up of trilogies, it's movie vs movie. The Dark Knight wins hands down. And even if comparing trilogies, the Captain America trilogy is not tied up at all, and Civil War is more of an Avengers movie than a Captain America movie.

the dark knight by a mile

It's more than clear that Captain America delivered a perfect sequel with greatness every step of the way. Something that clearly eluded Nolan.

civil war is nowhere near perfect winter soldier is better than that and it's not even a perfect sequel

Ignoring the trolls, The Winter Soldier is better than Civil War by a good margin and it's not as good as TDK. Cap trilogy is good but Nolan destroys it. So, TDK for me. Civil War had jokes, Zemo’s plan, spiderman forced inclusion and some CGI mistakes as flaws.

The Dark Knight is Marvel's greatest fear

Civil War is clearly the better movie.

"clearly", huh? I beg to differ

I think falcon's joke wasn't so funny... Hahahahhahah....... It's definitely.... You must have understood...

The Dark Knight absolutely obliterates Civil War in every department of filmaking.

Civil War is top three material. TDK is not. It's that simple.

TDK is the best CBM ever, you're just a notorious Marvel fanboy.

Captain America: Civil War is excellent, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is excellenter, The Dark Knight is excellentest

this comment is now my religion

dark knight is much better, it is top 10 and civil war is not

Civil War is such a superior treat.

meh, winter soldier is way better

The Captain America trilogy is near perfection and honestly can't be touched. How many trilogies can you say that the third film was as good as the rest if not better?

yeah, the first avenger is not really perfect at all, for me it's not even good

still TDK is the best CBM ever, i don't like civil war as much as before

Civil War is very good but it's not TDK

civil war is amazing best captain america movie, dark knight is excellent batman movie

Civil war is such trash, how do you follow up the best mcu movie with one of the most disappointing threequels ever, any nolan movies wins with ease

Civil War had better action but was a poorly directed cartoon compared to the dark knight, with bland cinematography fitting for a tv movie.

The Dark Knight still holds up incredibly well. Civil War hasn't held up nearly as well and has only been out for about half the time.

^ agreed, TWS is so clearly the best of that trilogy. and i'd take each installment of TDK trilogy over that

fuck you marvel bandwagons TDK is better

Civil War is great but it isn’t as rewatchable or good as Winter Soldier which falls behind Dark Knight

Captain America outclasses it by a factor of ten.

The Dark Knight by a landslide. Civil War is a great movie, but TDK is just so much deeper with it being morally ambiguous and playing with the idea of morality, the dichotomy of order and chaos, and madness itself. It's introspective and makes us as an audience think about what it would really take for a man to just...snap. Captain America Civil War was great and had a lot of interesting aspects, but it lacks that which TDK absolutely has in spades. That, coupled with TDK's near-perfect editing, brilliant dialogue and memorable quotes, a great cast and fantastic performances, and one of the best screenplays in a comic book movie ever, gives TDK the advantage.

The Dark Knight easily here. No contest.

Both are excellent movies but The Dark Knight went beyond comic book genre and was an excellent social commentary and crime thriller. It was a work of art. Not many movies transcend their genre like that. There is a reason so many people were clamoring for Oscar nomination for the movie. But possibly the stigma of being a movie from comic book genre prevented it from getting the award. They even increased the number of movies that can be nominated for Oscars the following year in response. I think The Dark knight is a better movie and I don't expect any other comic book movie to be as good as it in near future