Raging Bull vs. The Shawshank Redemption

11 comments

9 comments

Raging Bull wins this matchup but only just. Both of these films are pieces of art.

The Shawshank Redemption wins because it is on another level. Both films are in my top 10 and I will always love them.

I only just watched Raging Bull and I think its one of the BEST films I've ever seen and will probably be there forever! As much as I loved Shawshank Redemption, I felt more in love with the characters and story in Raging Bull.

Raging Bull

I love me some Raging Bull...but against Shawshank....well....it gets KO'd.

Raging Bull

Wow, just a truly good matchup of two all-time greats. I've got Shawshank ranked higher right now, but I'm going to watch Raging Bull again since I haven't seen it in over a decade now. So, my rankings could possibly change in the near future.

I'll take Shawshank, but both are amazing.

De niro hits Robbins

I'd pick Shawshank any day over Raging Bull.

Great matchup, but in the end, Shawshank is the winner.

Shawshank beats Raging Bull bloody.

Raging Bull was just boring to me I couldn't really see what was so great about it.

Shawshank

i go with raging bull because shawshank redemption is a forgettably movie

I agree with alphahawk. I've been told that Raging Bull is praised for its raw acting, technical aspects like editing and B&W cinematography, and the brutal honesty with which it portrays an unlikable and, dare I say it, irredeemable character like Jake LaMotta. Yet Raging Bull never moves or entertains me, and the only thing it succeeds in doing is boring me to the point of depression. All of the aforesaid talent, in my opinion, is wasted on a man whose life-story is not even worth telling.

Shaws hank in round 1 tko

Both films are life-changing experiences but I prefer the tragic look into Jake LaMotta!

ear
ear

Raging Bull had more of an impact on me and earns my vote here.

Shawshank is a classic for a good reason but it can never beat Raging Bull.

The Shawshank Redemption is way better