The Shawshank Redemption vs. Saving Private Ryan

28 comments

8 comments

There was a time when I would've said Shawshank...and maybe I just need to see it again, but for now I'm going with Ryan.

Yeah, watch it again, your answer will change.

It is Shawshank all the way

Ooh. Tough call. But yeah, I think I'll have to go with Shawshank. I've only seen Ryan once, and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to do it again (though I think I want to...). Meanwhile, I liked Shawshank better the second time I saw it.

So, so tough... I've had this window open for a while now. I've seen both films twice, but i suppose if I were to choose what to watch for the third time right now I'd have to go with Ryan. (I like my war films... I think D-day landing scene is shocking.)

The correct answer is "The Shawshank Redemption"

The Shawshank Redemption has about everything a person could want in a movie. It hits all the right notes. Saving Private Ryan is the best war film I have yet seen; however, The Shawshank Redemption is one of the best films I have ever seen.

JRM
JRM

Shawshank for sure.

ear
ear

I have to break the chain and vote for Saving Private Ryan.

The Shawshank was maybe the first movie I ever saw that really made realize movies could have depth, and make you think. It was a revolutionary film for the way I look at movies and, this might be distrubing, but an important part of my childhood.

Two great movies, two great leads...I'll give it to Saving Private Ryan.

However you cut it, these are two of the best five films of the 90s.

Saving Private Ryan wins this round.

Shawshank...but this VS brought me pure agony.

fgjdhxhcbrfgfff

Absolutely love both, but I think I'll go Shawshank. Both are on a short list of movies everyone MUST see in their lifetime.

Both extremely emotional films but I gotta go with The Redemption on this one.

Shawshank on this one.

Tough.......but I'll go with The Shawshank Redemption.

Oh, believe me, Saving Private Ryan is superb, but Shawshank Redemption is FANTASTIC! two great lead roles: Tim Robbins and Tom Hanks

CLEARLY SHAWSHANK

Sad to see my favorite movie losing so many votes but if threes one movie your gonna lose to, I guess it's the Shawshank Redemption. Saving Private Ryan.

Sad to see my favorite movie losing so many votes but if threes one movie your gonna lose to, I guess it's the Shawshank Redemption. Saving Private Ryan.

TSR is certainly more entertaining.

SPR is epic, it's intense and visceral, the cast is stellar (even launched a few no names to the A list), and it's probably my favorite modern military film (besides Black Hawk Down)

Shawshank, it means more to me and is a better made film.

Shawshank, easily.

Whoa, I'm not sure Saving Private Ryan deserves the one-sided beating it's currently getting here, but I must also go with the consensus. The Shawshank Redemption is just a better movie.

Yea, Shawshank Redemption is too good to beat.

Yeah, Shawshank is just the better movie here.

Saving Private Ryan is a great war film but it can't stand up to Shawshank.

Shawshank wins by two spots.

Shawshank wins by one spot

Nevermind, Shawshank wins by 6 spots

Shawshank emerges the victor.

Shawshank is a far superior film. Both have strong supporting casts and both are graphic and raw tales that take much more realistic looks at prison and war, respectively.

Shawshank sorry Ryan

Saving Private Ryan is superior

I prefer Private Ryan.But I fucking love redemption too

Both are terminally masterpieces but Shawshank is the far classic of he terms.

I love Ryan, but Shawshank is a masterpiece