Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind vs. The Shawshank Redemption

8 comments

10 comments

This is near IMPOSSIBLE. These are 2 of my most favorite movies EVER.

this is so close, but Shawshank takes it.

i'll give it to sunshine. but just barely.

I give it to Eternal Sunshine because of how much easier it is for me to relate to it.

JRM
JRM

I'm giving this to Shawshank.

I just don't get Eternal Sunshine. For me, Shawshank takes it HANDS DOWN.

Very few movies can top Eternal Sunshine for me. Shawshank is one of them...

I'm completely cracked down the middle!!!

Shawshank Redemption. Much better.

Well, not much to say here... especially for me as The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite all-time movie. I think everyhing is perfect on that film! Just beautiful. One thing about this movie, unlike many other ones, you enjoy it the most the first time you watch it. Priceless.

Shawshank wins, but both are great.

Eternal Sunshine is very good but it can't beat Shawshank.

Yep, Eternal Sunshine is a great movie, but Shawshank wins with ease.

Shawshank is a classic for sure, but I'm more impressed by the more avant garde approach of Sunshine.

Eternal Sunshine with ease. Shawshank Redemption was a big let down.

Fuck. Both are amazing.

Even though The Shawshank Redemption might just be the best movie ever, I love Eternal Sunshine so much. They are both perfect movies, but Eternal Sunshine is my favorite movie of all time.

As good as Shawshank was, it was still so friggin' overrated. By far one of the worst Stephen King adaptations, way worse than Kubrick's The Shining. Anyways, Morgan Freeman was incredible as Reeding and as an movie, it was pretty great. I'd take Eternal Sunshine any day over it though. Such a brilliant movie, entertaining and fresh as hell. It's Eternal Sunshine all the way here, babe.