The Dark Knight Rises vs. Django Unchained

9 comments

17 comments

The Dark Knight Rises was a great thrill ride, but it was also disappointing. I can't fully blame Nolan though, if Ledger was still alive, they probably could've done an 'Escape from Arkham' sequence. As for Django, it just delivered all that was promised and quite possibly more...My favourite film of 2012, and so far in this new decade.

I thought Django was great, being a big fan of previous two batman films though, TDKR ended perfectly for me so I'll pick it here. Sure it had it's problems but none of them annoyed me as much as Tarantino's cameo in Django lol

Rises has too many problems, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Django was my favorite film of 2012, so it's easy to pick.

These both fell below expectations. I think TDKR has fewer problems, so I give it the win.

My two favorite films of 2012 both of which land in my top five. Yes I really loved them that much. However Django is #5 and Rises is #2. Batman it is.

TDKR was good but a slight letdown. However, Django met all of its expectations and is tied with The Master as my favorite film of 2012. Django wins easily.

Both have there problems......... I guess rises becuz I checked my watch more in Django.

The D is silent

My 2 favorites of 2012 but Django Unchained is the cleear winner

The Dark Knight Rises 'cause Django didn't quite meet my expectations.

Django Unchained is clearly superior. The characters are written fantastically, like all QT films. The story is immersive, moving and enjoyable. It had flew flaws and was more fulfilling IMO..

Nolan over Tarantino once again.

DJANGOOO?? OH DJANGOOO

?? Django would probably be better in my opinion,, IN MY OPINION!!! DEAR FANBOYS Please do not kill me!!!!

Rises is better. A blast of a film.

Django Unchained

Very close call, but I still gotta go DKR...

The Dark Knight Rises is the clear victor here, no matter how much I loved Django.

Django Unchained by a very slight edge. The Dark Knight Rises is a killer superhero film though.

don't like tarantino as others do, and django for me was not so interresting throughout half of the movie.

Rises took a hit on my last viewing. Django is now my favorite of 2012.

I know this might piss of some people, but I have never seen anything great in Quentin Tarantino. I felt that he only made three good movies Django, Pulp Fiction, and Kill Bill Vol. 1. I have not seen Reservoir Dogs though, I will have to see that. Django was a entertaining and fun movie. Dark Knight Rises gets cheesy and repetitive after a while, I give it to Django Unchained.

My two favourite directors, however Dark Knight Rises is one of Nolan's weakest and Django is one of Tarantino's best. Django wins.

Django unchained

TDKR was my favorite film of 2012. Django came in at 3rd. Still haven't seen Argo, though, so that might change the rankings a bit, but this comparison is really easy for me.

Django

Tarantino > Nolan anytime.

Cool matchup of two solid 2012 movies. Going with Django as it's my third favorite Tarantino movie (Behind Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill), while TDKR is my least favorite movie from Nolan.

TDKR is such a satisfying conclusion

ear
ear

Django is an easy choice here.

There may have been a time when I would have picked Django, but I just love Dark Knight Rises more and more as time goes on. Such a great film on its own but also a highly satisfying finale to Nolan's Dark Knight story.