The Dark Knight Rises vs. Toy Story 3

10 comments

15 comments

two brilliant emotionally satisfying conclusions to two of the greatest trilogies of all time.

Exactly. These, LotR, and Bourne are the only trilogies that come to mind with consistently great installments.

Toy Story Trilogy>>Batman Trilogy. Although, if it was The Dark Knight vs. TS3, this might be closer.

Are you kidding? Not to be hating on Toy Story, I love it, but the Batman trilogy is The Godfather of my generation! Yes, The Lord of the Rings IS better, but Batman is fantastic!

I'm not the biggest fan of the Nolan Batman movies, they each have their own flaws, they aren't perfect. I think TDKR is overall slightly better.

^But what I forgot to say was: they are still very enjoyable despite these flaws. Toy Story 3...a little forgetable, maybe? It's close.

Not a massive Toy Story fan, but TS3 was WAY more enjoyable than TDKR. TDKR wasn't the worst movie ever, and there is a lot of good craftmanship in many departments, but there were just too many problems for me to ignore involving script, characterisation, editing and story. Definitely Toy Story 3.

I'm a much bigger fan of TDKR. Toy Story 3 was still good.

Toy Story 3 wins the ending makes you cry and that is awesome.

Both disappointed me upon initially seeing them in theaters. Difference was, TS3 was only a disappointment at all on account of the fact that I was anticipating it more highly than any movie ever before, whereas TDKR, which I wasn't looking forward to as much as you'd expect considering my love of Christopher Nolan and the previous two entries in the series, would have been a disappointment no matter what my expectations were, more or less. TS3 went on to win me over more and more with successive viewings, it now only a step or two below the first two, but TDKR is a movie that, to be brutally honest, I can't even see myself liking, no matter how many times I rewatch it. All three movies in Nolan's Batman trilogy are flawed, but I think TDKR is even more so and that, unlike with TDKR, there's nothing, no spectacle, no Joker to distract from them. Easily TS3.

Seb
Seb

easily toy story

Toy Story 3 is the more satisfying threequel.

Overall, while Toy Story 3 did have some creative escape attempts, some funny new characters and great jokes, there were points where it kind of felt like a rehash of Toy Story 2 with Lotso taking the place of Pete (even getting a similar fate to the Prospector) and Woody's role getting reversed with the rest of Andy's toys this time around. Also, the final scenes with Andy felt awkward and weird. I know I'm in the minority with this and I respect the opinion of those who disagree, those were just my issues.

Toy Story 3 is a more satisfying conclusion to an amazing movie and Toy Story for me is a more amazing trilogy than Dark Knight. TS 3 wins

The Dark Knight Rises is my favorite third entry to a trilogy. It is pretty much perfect in my eyes as is Toy Story 3, but the Batman doesn't lose often. Both succeeded at closing their respective trilogies on an emotional high.

Both are excellent end to their respective trilogies. I think I found myself more engrossed by TDKR.

My two favorite trilogies. I choose TDKR solely because it ends my favorite trilogy, but maybe one day I'll decide Toy Story 3 is better.

I have definitely come around to TDKR but Toy story 3 will always be one of the most emotionally satisfying films of all time. It caps the trilogy perfectly as each film doe the exceptional job of showing different stages of childhood using toys to represent the child, friendships, and even parental viewpoints. This is definitely a film that does so much in its time frame and most of what I have said about it is only in the first and last 5 minutes of the film it definitely had the Pixar magic. It may not be my favorite film but it is the only film I get defensive about when people claim it’s overrated.

I like The Dark Knight Rises a lot and have seen it a couple of times, but this is no competition. Whereas The Dark Knight Rises is a flawed, but very fun movie, Toy Story 3 is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's poignant, it's funny and it's stunningly animated. I recommend both but I only love one.

Gotta go with The Dark Knight Rises.

Switching over to TS3.

Toy Story 3 is the better bookend to the better trilogy...

My favourites from each triology while rises really had great action sequenses and is really fun to watch but toy story 3 does something more than this .Toy story 3 wins in my book

The best third Toy Story film smashes the worst third Dark Knight film...

toy story 3 more interesting

TDKR, but both are one of the best 3rd installments

The Dark Knight Rises smashes. Toy Story 3 isn't bad but it isn't even close to being as good as the original.

I'm gonna go with Toy Story 3.

Apples and Oranges. I enjoyed Rises more