The Avengers vs. Spider-Man

4 comments

4 comments

Spider-man started this generation's wave of superhero movies, and it was a fun, lovable start. Avengers maxes out on cool though. I mean Evans, Downey Jnr, Hemsworth, Renner,... fucking whoa. Oh and even Sam Jackson!

Wait, what am I on about? X-Men started this generation's comic book adaptations (along with Blade I guess, but that didn't really get the ball rolling).

Both game changers. The first to crack $100 million domestic VS the first to crack $200 million domestic in a weekend. I can't wait for 2022 when Avengers VS X-Men cracks the $300 million weekend!!!!

Avengers for me. Much more epic.

I'm going to be the odd duck and say Spiderman. I just thought it was more exciting.

The Avengers was the absolutely triumphant result of the several build-up films before it coming together so perfectly and seamlessly, and with Joss Whedon on board both the writing and directing were top-notch. I failed to see an equally tremendous job in those departments in Spider-Man, although I will admit its power and message were superb.

The original Spider-Man was very flawed and could not overcome its difficulties. The Avengers easily.

I personally prefer Spider-Man

Spider-Man for sure. Still thinking I'm the only one in the world that hated The Avengers.

I love Spider-Man, and didn't care that much for The Avengers.

I actually prefer The Amazing Spider-Man to Raimi's first film, so this is a hesitant but still pretty easy win for The Avengers, which is a great popcorn flick but hardly "seamless". Spider-Man 2? Well, that is still a gold standard for superhero movies and trounces both of these.

Avengers comfortably. Spider-Man 2002 is the best of the trilogy but still pretty overrated