The Shawshank Redemption vs. Citizen Kane

10 comments

15 comments

two heavyweights. kane is the critic's choice and shawshank is the peoples choice. i guess im slightly more of a people person

Shawshank but im not jumping up and down about the decision.

Kane for this really awesome match up

Citizen Kane is great in many ways, but it still gets dominated here by The Shawshank Redemption.

Shawshank is my choice.

I go with Orson on this one. KANE REPRESENT!

As good as Shawshank is, Citizen Kane remains one of the greatest triumphs of film making.

One of the toughest choices I've seen yet, but I'm going with Charles Foster Kane.

Both of these movies are over-rated, however Shawshank is still a good movie, it's just not the best movie ever like some seem to think: Meanwhile Kane is just boring.

Citizen Kane is way better. Anyone saying otherwise don't understand nothing of films and like overrated films.

I

I enjoy Shawshank more.

Shawshank....easy...

The Shawshank Redemption is one of my favourites, but there are certainly many better films out there. I guess you can go with Shawshank if you're not interested in themes or great cinematic techniques that Welles created and reinvented with this magnificent film. It's one of my top 10 favourites. It's arguable if there's any film that is as good as Citizen Kane, maybe Vertigo, The Godfather or 2001, maybe.

I've seen Citizen Kane way more times, it's more influential and remains pretty entertaining. Shawshank is great too, but I still like Kane more.

Ahh it's close....Citizen Kane

Kane by a long shot

Both great, but edge to Shawshank Redemption for a more likable and cunning lead

Both in my top 10, but frankly, it's pretty hard to beat the movie that is widely considered the best movie of all time. Sorry Andy, I gotta go with Charles on this one

The Shawshank Redemption>Citizen Kane

Shawshank.

Kane was revolutionary, but Shawshank is far more emotive, atmospheric and expressive. I still love you Welles :)

Citizen Kane wins the battle of the all-timers.

Citizen Kane is alright but wasn't my type of film. Shawshank is more worthy of the "greatest film ever" title!

I just love the shawshank Redemption at max in every way. So as citizen kane just i Love it a small bit more. Its unbelievably few movies that tops teg shawshank Redemption. But Citizen kane is accually one of those movies. The shawshank Redemption is (kinda) the perfect film but citizen kane is just too good to be true.