The Dark Knight Rises vs. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

32 comments

26 comments

Intersing Rises

Not even close. Captain America.

TDKR gets worse and worse the more I think about it. It's often downright boring. The Winter Soldier was thrilling from start to finish!

Rises is SO overrated, cap it is

TDKR.

Rises gets better each time I see it so I'm going to have to watch The Winter Soldier again so for now I'm going to choose The Dark Knight Rises for now

Rises gets a rise from me.

The Dark Knight Rises definitely

Cap with the easy take down. The far better film.

Rises may be my fav of the Dark Knight Trio, its tough to be so sure against the Joker in the 2nd one. Winter Soldier is easily the best Cap movie, and possibly the best solo movie in the marvel cinematic universe. For some reason Rises just hits me the right way. WS is great though, no doubt.

Definitely The Dark Knight Rises. I enjoyed Winter Soldier but it comes no where near to The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight Rises was the perfect conclusion to the Dark Knight Trilogy and has a great amount of emotional weight. Like cheesydog1 said above, it gets better each time it's watched.

Not even a contest here. Cap 2 just dominates in every way.

This is actually a tie? I mean sure, Rises was a LITTLE disappointing after the first Dark Knight, but Nolan's Batman trilogy is in a whole other league above Marvel's superhero films.

TDKR.

Cap needs a rewatch...but right now...it's ahead.

Cap for sure, TDKR just didn't live up to it's predecessors.

CA 2 is better, TDKR is SO overrated!!!

Both are fantastic, but the Winter Soldier wins.

Winter Soldier is pretty good, but gets way too much praise in my opinion. I don't love The Dark Knight Rises like I used to, but I still really like it. Batman wins.

Rises

Shoot them in the face and fhritp.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier was better than DKR.

I prefer winter soldier

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Congratulations to Christopher Johnathan James Nolan for managing to beat out not one, but TWO CBM trilogies this year, once again, everyone else just has to strive for second place, TDK trilogy is STILL the K.I.N.G!

The Winter Soldier

The Dark Knight Trilogy and Batman in general are overrated. Captain America for the win.

The Winter Soldier is generally far far good, TDKR is obviously worst terrible film.

Winter Soldier but i love both.

Winter Soldier with ease.

Rises but both are one of the best cbms

why tf did it comment twice

this and iron man are the only good mcu films but rises still win

Winter Soldier, rises is terrible in every way.

Winter Soldier is so much better that it hurts.

retarded noobpb17 voting for trash marvel again

retarded noobpb17 voting for trash marvel again

Why @noobpb17 keep switching which is forgettable.

Marvel > DC always and always.

what the fuck is "switching which is forgettable" do you even know how to use the word forgettable

and if i voted for one of the films ever it doesn't mean the latter is forgettable i can like both films at once which is something you can't do

@noobpb17 is a dumb child jerk always.

Why keep spamming enough.

you're trolling ain't you

fucking noobpb17 you are trolling fuck you

Who’s fucking trolling why.

@thecrackers is trolling

how am i trolling you little shit

You are trolling piece of shit

Two people who keep spamming over and over which is dumb

Why this is keep going here

after a month i still find tdkr to just a lil tiny bit superior

Yeah Nolan wins still, even at one of Marvel's best.

Villain: the dark knight rises, bane was the best villain last decade because he’s basically if darth vader was a terrorist Character Arc: Bruce Wayne (probably the best superhero character arc so far) Writing: the dark knight rises because the winter soldier heavily relies on Action to make it interesting while the dark knight rises slows down to tell us a story about Bruce Wayne. Winter soldier is good too. Protagonist: this is basically character arc Plot twists: tie, maybe rises but winter soldier certainly excelled in the hydra plot twist and I think it’s one of the best in the genre Side characters: Gotta go with rises because I love Alfred, Gordon, Lucius fox, and cat woman. Action: definitely winter soldier. Nolan isn’t that good at action but this trilogy was meant to be realistic. The only bad thing about action in the winter soldier was that the camera is sometimes shaky compared to rises but it’s defeinitey better and is probably the best superhero action movie besides that warehouse scene in bvs and Aquaman with the long panned shots. Visuals: tough. Gotta go with rises. Part of the plane scene was real. REAL. Winter Soldier is excellent though. Beginning: the dark knight rises with plane scene Middle: tie. Both are great. Ending: rises. It’s probably the only superhero movie with an ending better than the dark knight. Overall: I give both a 10/10 and are a must (re)watch. These movies are definitely some of the best in the genre but I still have to give it to rises because there is a lot more story to add on because it’s the finale while the winter soldier is in the middle with a lot of amazing content. Another reason I like rises more is because it slows down and gives us a lot of great moments while the winter soldier relies more on visual storytelling to make it interesting. I prefer story over action but that’s not to say that the winter soldier doesn’t have great storytelling. I respect if people disagree with me and I respect if your opinions.

Villain: the dark knight rises, bane was the best villain last decade because he’s basically if darth vader was a terrorist Character Arc: Bruce Wayne (probably the best superhero character arc so far) Writing: the dark knight rises because the winter soldier heavily relies on Action to make it interesting while the dark knight rises slows down to tell us a story about Bruce Wayne. Winter soldier is good too. Protagonist: this is basically character arc Plot twists: tie, maybe rises but winter soldier certainly excelled in the hydra plot twist and I think it’s one of the best in the genre Side characters: Gotta go with rises because I love Alfred, Gordon, Lucius fox, and cat woman. Action: definitely winter soldier. Nolan isn’t that good at action but this trilogy was meant to be realistic. The only bad thing about action in the winter soldier was that the camera is sometimes shaky compared to rises but it’s defeinitey better and is probably the best superhero action movie besides that warehouse scene in bvs and Aquaman with the long panned shots. Visuals: tough. Gotta go with rises. Part of the plane scene was real. REAL. Winter Soldier is excellent though. Beginning: the dark knight rises with plane scene Middle: tie. Both are great. Ending: rises. It’s probably the only superhero movie with an ending better than the dark knight. Overall: I give both a 10/10 and are a must (re)watch. These movies are definitely some of the best in the genre but I still have to give it to rises because there is a lot more story to add on because it’s the finale while the winter soldier is in the middle with a lot of amazing content. Another reason I like rises more is because it slows down and gives us a lot of great moments while the winter soldier relies more on visual storytelling to make it interesting. I prefer story over action but that’s not to say that the winter soldier doesn’t have great storytelling. I respect if people disagree with me and I respect if your opinions.

Two of the finest superhero movies of the past decade, Russo beats Nolan this time, Winter Soldier’s storytelling is one of the best in Marvel

I prefer the dark knight rises. Winter Soldier is great too.

imo this, IM1 and IW are the only ones in the MCU that is on par with TDK trilogy

Winter Soldier is pretty good. The Dark Knight Rises was intense. There was too many iconic scenes + Zimmer's score.

Both are amazing but I think The Winter Soldier has the slightest edge while also having less flaws