The Pianist vs. Schindler's List

6 comments

14 comments

That not easy, but to make it short, Brody was incredible

Both are incredibly powerfull.

ear
ear

Roman Polanski's more personal take on the horror's of WW2 is slightly favored here.

oskar schindler...very tough choice

I adore both these films, but somehow I can sense how much The Pianist means to Polanski a little more than Schindler's List means to Spielberg. I'll pick The Pianist.

this is not easy to decide...Goodfellas or The Godfather? The Pianist or Schindler's List? The more straight forward version or the more dramatized? Since I picked The Godfather over Goodfellas I'll have to say Schindler's List this time. Liam Neeson was great and Adrien Brody was superb! In my opinion...Brody was better than Neeson but Schindler's List surpasses The Pianist as a movie.

JRM
JRM

Both are incredible, but Schindler's List moved me more.

Both fabulous films.But I'll pick The Pianist.I could literally feel what Brody's character was going through in the movie.Such a powerful performance.

It's a hard one, that's for sure.

Very hard choice for me. For now I'll go with Schindler's List but it could change.

The Pianist.

Schindler's List, it's the better movie but so much harder to watch, The Pianist is more re-watchable but Schindler's List is so important and doesn't hold back.

If this comparison was based on story alone then the Pianist would be a clear winner with its personal view of the holocaust over Schindler's List's more broad depiction of the horrors. If this comparison was based on acting then the Pianist would win. Neeson and Fiennes are superb actors who steal each of their scenes but still don't compare to Brody's realistic method acting that supported the Pianist. But this isn't a comparison of only acting and story. Schindler's List is a masterpiece of film-making with transitions that nearly reduced me to tears and symbolism that is more powerful than any acting in the world. It shows the Holocaust without beating round the bush. The Pianist is an amazing film but Schindler's List is... a work of art. A film so brilliantly made that it can't not win. The Pianist is a brilliant, touching film but it can't match the beauty amidst the horror that Schindler's List provides.

Schindler's List is the better Nazi flick imo.

Adrien Brody had the best performance than anyone on either film, but I'd give the overall edge to Schindler's List. Both were imotionally powerful movies about the Holocaust and Nazi's inhumanity, both have survival as the main subject and worth-noting is that both movies have a man who rescues Jews. I prefer to give the -SLIGHT- edge to SL because it touched me more emotionally since it was about the survival of much more people (other reasons as well) and had two big characters (and awesome peformers) in comparison to The Pianist's one. Technically, both movies were almost (?) flawless.

Both are lovely films. 20:20 So, It's a head and tail to choose the one.

Both are amazing. Umm I think Schindler is the stronger film.

Adrien Brody is fantastic in The Pianist but everything else points me in the direction of Schlinder's List!

Schindler's List has so much more depth than a man playing a piano constantly running from Nazi's one house to the next.

Polanski's Oscar win hasn't aged well at all. Schindler's List FTW!!!

Schindler's List by a little bit for me. The Pianist was great though

I've got to go with The Pianist here. I find myself rewatching it much more often, and it does a better job of portraying the Holocaust from the Jewish perspective.

Is love schindler's list also. But the pianist is one of my favorite films ever. I am glad i've watched these movies. There are both masterpieces.