North by Northwest vs. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

7 comments

8 comments

Possibly my two favorite directors of all-time here.

Argh! I can't decide.

ear
ear

This is becoming redundant but I'm voting for North By Northwest again.

Hitchcock versus Kubrick cold war!

Dr. Strangelove

Hitchcock > Kubrick

Good matchup. Lighthearted action vs. dark comedy. Going with Strangelove.

I gotta go with NBNW here, as much as I love The Doctor.

I'm still missing a key ingredient with Strangelove. I find much of the film superbly created and entertaining but there's something holding me back from loving it. NBN on the other hand, I love without hesitation and is one of at least 10 Hitchcock films that represent cinema at its pinnacle.

Hitchcock

Wow tough one... I'll go with Dr Strangelove

While I like Kubrick a little more as a director, I enjoyed NXNW far more than Strangelove.

this one is so tough.......nbnw is actually the 1st movie that drove me to watch older movies.There was a time i wouldt watch anything pre eighties. NBNW changed that completely.having said that Dr strange love is just so brilliant. IT'S My favourite Kubrick film for a reason.GEORGE C Scott is brilliant and Peter sellers is unforgettable..I could watch it daily and never get bored of it...........DR .Strangelove beats North by Northwest by a hair......I have a duty to protect all of our most precious bodily fluids

Strangelove for me

I appreciated North by Northwest a little bit more.

Oohhh. This is a good one. I need to rewatch both to properly compare them. Strangelove wins this for now.