Downfall vs. Schindler's List

5 comments

1 comments

Is it possible to find more of a specifically polarized match-up of movies? Both are wonderful films for different reasons but I think I slightly prefer Downfall - because I am just generally more interested in the subtle, brilliant handling of such an evil man over the heart-pulls and gut-punches of Schindlers List.

Both are too Disney-ized, Downfall to a lesser extent, so that.

Disney-ized? Da fuq? The Fuehrer's Face, that is some Disney-ized WW2 stuff. Anyway, Downfall may be a little melodramatic, but it is still a very good movie. I remember being bored by Schindler's List, but I watched it in class back when I was 14 or 15 years old, so it's probably better than I remember. I'm going with Der Untergang aka Downfall though, just to be 'safe'.

Der Fuehrer's Face*

I'm gonna give this to Schindler's List, just because it is the only one of these two that I have seen.

Schindler's List is a sterile masterpiece; Spielberg using all of his artistic abilities to excess (I'll say forever that the red jacket in color was gratuitous). All that artsiness gets in the way of a devastating storyline. Downfall is gripping. And doesn't try to overwhelm.

Schindlers list was a great show, will i ever watch it again .....No way......I would rather spend the 3 hrs in a dentist chair. but it needed to be seen.At least with Downfall u get some karma paid forward

Schindler's List without a doubt.