The Godfather vs. Saving Private Ryan

16 comments

13 comments

though one, but i go with the classic

omg.

Id go with godfather- saving pvt. ryan has great visuals and its one of the most realistic war movies of its time, but in godfather, Marlon Brando definitely shows how he was one of the best actors ever.

stumped(2)

Saving Private Ryan made me cry. It's very rare a movie does that to me. VERY rare.

The Godfather is a classic, but Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies.

Wow. I gotta go with Ryan. I'm not sure I can say why, or list any kind of reasoning. Saving Private Ryan had an impact on me like few movies can...

I few years ago I would've picked Saving Private Ryan, but I rewatched them both and I now remember why everyone got so hyped up about The Godfather. It's because it's amazing! The Godfather is the winner here.

the hardest choice i have ever made. but im going godfather on this one.

I'm going with one of the best war films ever made.

Were talking about The Godfather here

Both great films, but The Godfather is legend.

Gotta go with Saving Private Ryan only just.

Can't believe Private Ryan is winning this. It's a great film but dude? Godfather!

Ill pick the best war movie ever over the second best gangster movie ( #1 is GoodFellas).

Ryan is an absolutely moving film, so is Godfather. I just love gangsters more.

I agree with PiccoloKing...What is so legendary and masterful about Private Ryan to take down The Godfather. Saving Private Ryan is amazing but The Godfather exceeds it by miles! I don't get it, anyways, its the Godfather, a no brainer for me

i feel sorry for ryan.

Saving Private Ryan. When looking at the Godfather films, only Part II could knock out Ryan, even with all the greatness of the original. It had an emotional impact on me more than anything, seeing how my father and war and all that. SPR.

Saving Private Ryan wins this one for sure. The Godfather is a miserable gangster movie, I really had great expectations for The Godfather, but then it turned out to be a bad movie with both bad story and bad acting, and there was not any action nor excitement, not even at the shooting scenes, and Godfather was TOO boring and lengthy. Godfather can only be discouraged. While Saving Private Ryan has much excitement, better acting, better music, and much better action scenes. Saving Private Ryan wins here at any day.

Y'know, I think I like SPR better.

The Godfather

Saving Private Ryan

It's the friggin godfather. Movie of all movies

Both movies have so many strong performances and Tom Hanks is my favorite actor of all time but I have to side with The Godfather.

Both movies have so many strong performances and Tom Hanks is my favorite actor of all time but I have to side with The Godfather.

This is pretty impressive. I'll side with Saving Private Ryan I think. I love both movies though so it's tough to pick.

I'll take Ryan here. More entertaining. GodFather Part 2...maybe not.

I love godfather love it but it drags on some parts.Saving pvt. Ryan on the other hand is one of my all time favourite movie and is entertaining as a whole package.Saving pvt. Ryan for the victory.Granted Even Tom Hanks has nothing on Marlon brando and Al pacino when they are in form

FUCK. One of the hardest match-ups

Godfather easily

Saving Private Ryan is one of the best in every way.

saving private ryan is pretty bad my dudes

Saving Private Ryan is a really good movie and all but it's THE GODFATHER. Suprised that this is even close.