The Iron Giant vs. The Incredibles

8 comments

9 comments

Iron Giant easily.

Two Brad Bird masterpieces, but I love the Incredibles, so there.

"Iron Giant" surprised me a bit more; but the superhero fan in me says I have to vote for "The Incredibles."

The Inrcredibles is great, and all, but, in this case, I have to choose the movie that endeared me to a character voiced by Vin Diesel, of all people.

Nevermind. I take that back. The Incredibles just gets better with each viewing.

One word: "Su-per-man." Gets me every time....

God, these movies are both almost perfect. Brad Bird...what a guy! I think Iron Giant has the edge because of a smidge more creativity and whimsy, and boy did this film make me cry.

JRM
JRM

Both are fantastic, but I too am going with Iron Giant.

Both are excellent movies - I have to go with Iron Giant.

Loved The Iron Giant the first time I saw it, and I'm still in love with it. I forgot most of the Incredibles despite it being a very great film. The Giant wins.

The Incredibles is great and I want a sequel, but the Iron Giant is one of my favorite movies.

The Iron Giant is a magical experience- almost a masterpiece. The Incredibles, however, is a hilarious and moving satire on the superhero genre. While The Iron Giant is more emotionally strong, The Incredibles is more fun. Still, these two surprisingly adult animated films both deserve a viewing (heck, they deserve multiple viewings) and they both exist as further proof of Brad Bird's genius.

Two great ones from Brad Bird, but The Incredibles wins.

iron giant is a lost treasure.But the incredibles is to unforgettable it wins.

Don't get me wrong, The Iron Giant is an excellent movie. I just think that The Incredibles is slightly better. Brad Bird is marvelous at directing action...

Brad Bird time! "The Iron Giant" asks a question which I can never seem to find the answer to. How can a film, which is virtually a remake of another classic earn the status of a classic? Yet, in all the cases in which this is evident ("Roman Holiday", "A Fistful of Dollars", "The Iron Giant"), I do enjoy each film greatly. This matchup is especially difficult. Perhaps Pixar wins.

For me, it's also a very close call, but Incredibles' amazing action sequences and cool villain, along with an excellent cliff-hanger ending, beat out Iron Giant. "Su-per-man" keeps on coming back to haunt me and want me to choose Giant, though.

Iron Giant has more heart. So much heart in fact that it nearly rivals the Toy Story trilogy. Incredibles is very fun. This is an extremely close match-up.

The Iron Giant

The Iron Giant without a doubt.

Iron Giant is good,but I felt more when I watched Incredibles.