Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone vs. Return of the Jedi

6 comments

13 comments

This is hard because i prefer to watch harry potter but in my heart i know return of the jedi is the best

Star Wars wins over Harry Potter. Every time.

The later installments of Harry Potter would be a harder decesion agansit 'Jedi' but the first installment loses.

The first Harry Potter really wasn´t good enough for make this close

Sorry, Mateo, but it's just the opposite for me. Harry Potter wins over Star Wars. Every time.

I Agree, Star Wars is my favorite film series, game series, and even book series of all time!

Star Wars is far better anytime, Harry Potter is nothing but some childish piece of shit.

I enjoyed the Potter movies as he got older...but Jedi smashes here...

It's close, but I'm actually going with HP1. I honestly think it's a minor classic, even if the CGI doesn't hold up at all. So many memorable moments though...

Return of the Jedi wins although the first Harry Potter is enjoyable to watch.

Eh...this is tough for me. I think both are mediocre to ok movies. Harry Potter 1 is kind of fluffy, but I guess that's sort of what the beginning of the series is supposed to be like. Return of the Jedi has great moments, but I think the film as a whole is pretty weak. Sorecerer's Stone squeaks by for the win.

Return of the Jedi crushes.

The First two Harry Potter films over Return of the Jedi by a mile.

HP can't beat the OT Star Wars, even Jedi....which is pretty weak...I liked the first three Potter flicks but the rest, SUCKED imo

Fuck you Harry you wee cunt.

Apologies, Harry. That was uncalled for.

I'ma have to go with ROTJ

Every Star Wars (even the prequels) are better than every Harry Potter.

After rewatching ROTJ, I thought that it was somewhat weak in parts. I honestly had a better time watching HP...

Jedi is quite weak, and although it has the great final confrontation between Vader, Luke and The Emperor, it also has the Ewoks. The problem with RoTJ extends beyond just the Ewoks for me. It takes the two most interesting characters from Empire (aside from Yoda), which were Han and Leia, and completely downplays them. They essentially do nothing much in the movie, and even Ford & Fisher did look a bit worn out. I enjoy the Lando segment and the 2nd Death Star attack, but it still cannot elevate Jedi for me. HP 1 has one thing going very strong for it: it is an introduction to a fantastical world. Though some of the acting and effects are bad, I will pick it for its sense of fun and adventure which I think is part absent in Jedi.

Return of the Jedi sucks.Harry potter wins with a landslide

Sorcerer's Stone is a fun little nostalgic trip but as an actual film, it really hasn't held up that well. The problems with it can ultimately be summed up in two words, Chris Columbus. His direction is just really flat and uninspired here as he tries way too hard to replicate look and feel of the book as opposed to trying make an actual film out of it. As such, the movie just ends up feeling really lifeless as a result. Just scene after scene of "Oh, isn't this so magical?" Jedi has its problems but Richard Marquand's direction is much more confident and cinematic than Columbus's rather stiff work.