Office Space vs. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

23 comments

9 comments

Holy krizzap. Pirates of the Caribbean was one of the best movies in years... but I think Office Space hits a lot closer to home.

I just pick the movie with the longest title.

Hmm, a hard decision. Both are great movies. I hate to take it in to account, but Pirates had two mediocre sequels, and that tarnishes the first's reputation for me. Also, Office Space is timeless. Going to have to go with Office Space on this one.

Forget the sequels. The first Pirates was a great film. Office Space is fun, but it's not nearly as epic, nor as fun a ride. Err... the film, I mean. Not the Disneyland ride. I was speaking metaphorically about... bah, nevermind.

Pirates was very enjoyable, but to me Office Space is one of the all time classics. I'll send you a copy of the memo.

I watch Office Space at least once a week and laugh every time. PotC:CotBP is a great movie, but I haven't intentionally watched it in years. Office Space wins with repetition, kinda like going to the office every day. Hey, wait a minute. That movie's about a crappy job. Bravo Mike Judge, Bravo. Can't wait for Extract. Don't disappoint me.

Without any doubt Office Space is a much better film, it's much more unique and better written.

Office Space is a cult classic, and is funny as all hell. But the effects, humor, cast, sets, costumes, and the charm that Pirates delivers is what champs Office Space, no matter how hard I laugh over the red stapler.

Sounds like everyone's going with Office Space. Who am I to rock the boat?

no offense to the pirates saga. in fact, i am a huggge pirates saga fan, however... the only thing the pirates beats the office space on is budget. pirates wasnt as original or creative as say, an indie film with a low budget and smart writters. sorry, love pirates, but office space must win.

I'm an absolute sucker for the first Pirates movie, but I have to give it to Office Space for it's sheer quotability and rewatchability (are either of those real words?). All-time fave moment: "What would you do with a million dollars?" "I'll tell you what I'd do: Two chicks at the same time."

I love it when a relatively small film without a cavalcade of stars and special effects shows that things like a coherent story and effective plotting will always win out. The success of The Pirates films has befuddled me. I'm about as staunch a Johnny Depp apologist as you will find, and he's easily the best thing in them, but even I thought he was going way too far over the top. So to sum up, Officespace in a heartbeat.

I think its harder to judge movies when they are different genres of film. However, even with the genre differences office space pulls ahead drastically, basically what I'm saying is, even if pirates was a comedy more than an action film, and even if it was a funny comedy. It still wouldn't be as funny as office space.

A very hard choice. Office Space is brilliant, had a unique voice, and is forever quotable. However, Pirates is a near perfectly paced action film and is probably the best pirate film since Errol Flynn. Pirates + ghosts = reliving my childhood for the win.

The best Pirates movie, but nothing's better than Office Space. Well according to my chart there is better things than OS, but oh well.

Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment.

Pirates is bloated and just NOT GOOD. Office Space is PERFECTION! I've watched it many times and never get tired of it. If I had a million dollars, I would do two chicks at the same time. Case closed.

"Office Space" is one of those movies that you watch and you can instantly related to if you have ever been stuck in a cubicle for eight hours a day. If the situations haven't happened to you, they have happened to a coworker or friend, or you can see them happening in your workplace. The characters are such an excellent cross-section of people you would encountered working in a cube farm, that you can't help but laugh at what's going on.

Yeah...so if you could just get those TPS reports done..

Pirates is fun, but Office Space is comedic genius.

Office Space. Original, highly enjoyable, a great after-launch boomer, being a widely successful cult hit once it hit DVD and not doing so well in theaters. One big reason Black Pearl loses is for being a sequel and therefore being unable to match the authenticity and uniqueness that is Office Space.

Gotta case of the Mondays :/

It's probably the most quotable film ever for this geek. While Pirates is a thrill ride and a half, it's just no Office Space. Now, have you seen my stapler?

Pirates was a surprisingly good action film, but Office Space is Mike Judge at his best.

Keira Knightley. End of Discussion.

Fucking TPS Reports.

I thought Office Space was decent, but nothing out of this world. And Pirates Of The Caribbean was really good. So, comparing the two, I go with Pirates.

When it comes to memorable characters, The Curse of the Black Pearl has Jack Sparrow and Office Space has the Stapler Guy. I think it's pretty clear who'd win in a fight between those two. And Office Space did not do for me what it did for most everyone else. Like Mateo, I think it's decent, but that's about as far as I'd go. So, The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Ass Clowns.

I heard that Office Space was a good comedy but when I watched it, it did not make me laugh what so ever! But i remember seeing Pirates in the theaters and just being blown away! it was great and the next two movies were not half bad.

I could set flichchart on fire.

OFFICE SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant.

I love me some Office Space. But Pirates works on so many levels: as an action movie, as an adventure story, as a creepy ghost movie, and as a movie that makes me feel like a kid again. Tough choice, but gotta go Pirates.

Office Space.

You know the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

Office Space by a complete long-shot. Pirates of the Caribbean, I did not like the 1st one. The 2nd one was my favorite.

P.O.T.C. is one of the awesome movies i watched