Hereditary vs. The Shining

1 comments

4 comments

Oh boy. My 2 favorite horror movies. This is one of my toughest choices on here. I’m voting for Hereditary because it scared me a lot more than The Shining did, and I think about Hereditary so much. I think The Shining is the better movie though.

You've got to be kidding me? How can you compare a not-so effective not-so horror film from nowadays (The only horror film nowadays that was quite effective and good was The Babadook and it was still 6 years ago) to a cult horror classic film like the Shining which is I think the very best in the horror genre? I don't get it. Nowadays the horror genre is pretty much dead, we horror fans are gasping for air, we need something new and fresh from all that bullshit today.

ear
ear

Hereditary was excellent but The Shining was brilliant.

Love Hereditary, but it's no Shining...

Both are great horror movies. Hereditary is letdown by some poor writing decisions that don't make sense. Everything else in terms of mood, acting, filmmaking and story is perfect. Shining has things that intentionally don't make sense and it's fun to analyse these things, as well as coming together better as a film for me!

The Shining is a lot more fun and rewatchable. Hereditary was such a mixed bag and I don't really care to watch it again.