The Departed vs. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

6 comments

10 comments

Jack Nicholson was great in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but I have to pick his other movie in this matchup.

Christopher Lloyd > Everyone in The Departed. Deal with it.

I hate Boston....but Boston crime flicks deliver almost every time.....The Departed.

When you're facing a loaded gun......jump up, and put it in the basket!

Easily One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. The Departed is good but nowhere near Scorsese's best. Cuckoo's Nest is in a league of its own.

I wouldn't have given either of these best picture in their respective years, but if it came down to these two, I would have voted for The Departed.

The Cuckoo's Nest. Frank Costello can't compete with RP McMurphy, the name itself is just legendary.

One Flew. It's way more entertaining in my opinion and the characters are amazing. Even though The Departed has a more cohesive script and better direction, at the end of the day Cuckoo's Nest is the winner.

Two of Jack Nicholson's strongest roles. Cuckoo's Nest is a remarkable movie of both human spirit and helplessness. Nicholson's performance is one of his best. Departed also has a great ensemble cast like Cuckoo's Nest. Ultimately, Nicholson is stronger in Cuckoo's Nest.

One Flew because Jacks beats Leo.

This is tough. Departed has a deeper plot while Cuckoo is more polished.

Cuckoo's by a little ways

Two of Jack's best, but Cuckoo's is his best!

Both good Jack Nicholson performances but One Flew gets my vote

The two best films I've seen starring Jack Nicholson. Cuckoo's Nest is my favorite of his. Even more so than The Shining or A Few Good Men.

Cuckoo's Nest is one 5 stars in my preference to wins Best Film Oscar

the departed cos it's better