Spider-Man 2 vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

19 comments

7 comments

I was a bit worried about the reboot because of the previews, but this movie was AMAZING. It felt more like the comics than Sam's movies. The action scences were great, Andrew Garfield was funny as Spiderman. Overall, the reboot was well put together and better than all 3 of the previous movies. Also, it was less corny.

Hahaha. I think that this spiderman was far more enjoyable. Plus the lizard was far a better villian.

Molina. Dunst. Maguire. There's no contest. This superfluous reboot is for a quick buck, catering to a younger demographic, but history will remember the Sam Raimi trilogy kindly, and the current hyped up retread will fade into obscurity. Granted, Spider-Man 3 was disappointing, but Spider-Man 2 with Doc Ock was the best of the three, and there's a reason why Raimi hinted at The Lizard throughout his trilogy but never actually used it. They'd be better off if in the next installment it's revealed this new Spidey is actually the clone Ben Reilly, and Tobey Maguire returns as the actual Peter Parker. That would make for a far more interesting movie.

Amazing Spiderman all the way. One of the best superheroe movies EVER!!

I didn't like any of the original trilogy....and "Amazing" was fun at best. I'll go with the nonsensical reboot...

Spider-Man 2 was the best of the original three, but TASM just edges this one. Mainly because the script and cast were better (but then I've said that about all three Raimi movies). I am a bit biased though because Andrew Garfield went to the same school as me.

Spider-Man 2 wins just barely by being a more intelligent film with a better cast, plot and villain.

i like the Amazing Spiderman alot more it felt more like Spiderman!

Spider-Man 2 wins, but the reboot I enjoyed very much

JRM
JRM

I really enjoyed the reboot and was considering picking it over Spider-Man 2, but then I realized Amazing Spider-Man didn't deliver on its promise to tell 'The Untold Story' it was advertising the heck out of. In other words, it's just a better version of the original Spider-Man.

Amazing spiderman has a script that does not know what it wants the movie to be (dropping subplots without a propper conclusion). A lead actor who is phanominal but playing a character who doesn't work for Anything, and we are suppose to sympathize with him when he doesn't make any attempt to make himself likeable. Then you have another amazing actress in Emma Stone who is stuck playing a mary sue character that has very few dimentions to her. The thing that honestly sets Spider-man 2 away from TASM is that it has real conflict in it that the audience can relate too. Balancing every aspect of his life pluse he actually learns somthing in the end. The one form of genuine conflict TASM has is the parent sub-plot and Uncle Ben, both of which where dropped half way threw the movie.

Amazing Spider-Man over all of the others.

Spider-Man 2. The Amazing Spider-Man was pretty weak.

Spider-Man 2, no contest. It understands the character far better.

Spider-Man 2 by far. I have to agree that ASM is very weak indeed and Raimi's trilogy better understood the character and how to entertain. Spider-Man 2 delivered true emotion, depth and excitement. Those are things ASM didn't deliver. Everything felt shallow and disconnected. Both casts are great so hopefully ASM 2 will have a better script and actual depth for the next go around.

Biggest factor affecting this choice? Cheesiness. Nolan's Batman and the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe movies have proven that mainstream comic movies don't have to be corny. ASM understood this. The Raimi trilogy did not.

Problem is one of these films has choices WITH consequences, the other does not.

the reboot had a better spider-man/peter parker ,it had a better villian and a much better story. And female lead didn't annoy the shit outta me

Spider-Man 2 for sure. One of the great comic book sequels.

Spider Man 2 for me

These are my two favorites of the franchise so this is tough but I'll have to go with The Amazing Spider-Man...barely.

I do agree the reboot was pretty good but I do prefer the Rami Spider-Mans more except for the third one of coarse

Amazing Spider-Man sucked crap, Raimi's version was far far better.

Riami's version absolutely stomps here, Garfield's Spider-Man is mostly the most bad disappointing let down Spider-Man of the series.

SM2 megastomps, TASM is above-average at best

TASM is garbage. Not in any universe could it come close to SM's 2.

Spider-Man 2, personally think it’s a bit overrated but it does beat The Amazing Spider-Man

The best Spider-Man movie (and one of the best superhero movies of all-time) vs. the second-worst Spider-Man movie (after TASM2)... I feel safe in saying that TASM1 is still at least "okay", but it doesn't even come close to SM2.

I feel like The Amazing Spider-Man is pretty good, the garbage one is it's sequel. But I agree with Beremans, it doesn't even come close to Spider-Man 2, the closest to being a masterpiece a Spider-Man movie can be.

Spider-Man 2 is the most overrated Marvel movie IMO, but it wins in every way this match