Raiders of the Lost Ark vs. The Shining

7 comments

16 comments

salut

Raiders is fun don't get me wrong, but I love the horror genre just a bit more than the adventure type.

hardest decision yet

The Shining for sure. It's simply the better film.

Ill have to go with raiders

The Shining.

Raiders just barely edges out The Shining...

Raiders of the Lost Ark, and it's not even that close.

Whoa, my two favourite 1980's movies. Raiders wins by a little bit.

The Shining takes it

IMO, these are these are the best films from each director. Stanley Kubrick- The Shining and Steven Spielberg- Raiders of the Lost ark...

Shining is technically a better film and appeals more to my interest so Shinning for me

Raiders>The Shining

Shining gets a easy win.

The Shining was a classic, but it's hard to beat Spielberg.

The shining is very good, but not close to Kubricks best, Raiders is one of the best action /adventure movies ever made. Not only is it Spielberg, but one of his top 2 or 3 movies, maybe his very best to some.

The Shining is kind of a more complete movie, and it beats any Spielberg movie. I can't believe that the longer version gets poor reviews. And even if the shorter (119 minutes) was a 10-rated movie imo, (it's provably the Kubrick definitive version, but whatever) the longer - and better - version is even more deeper. A true heavyweight. Raiders was a overrated and generic adventure movie, and nothing more. The character is good and all, but the movie was just as iconic...

Raiders hits me more emotionally, and The Shining only slightly hits me more intellectually.

The significance of both films is undeniable. The Shining is a Stanley Kubrick horror film (need I say more?) while Raiders virtually redefined action. These movies are both flawless visions of an immaculate craft, but at the end of the day Raiders takes the cake for me.

Both in my top 20, so it's not easy. Raiders has the nostalgia factor though.

Absolutely The Shining.

Raiders takes this.

I love the Lost Ark, but The Shining will forever be in my top 10.

ear
ear

I love Raiders but The Shining stands out as a greater achievement.

Stephen King adaptations > Every Indiana Jones film.

Raiders is great, The Shining is perfect. Not a hard choice.

Raiders may be more popular, but it isn't has well made as The Shining