The Avengers vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark

11 comments

14 comments

All-Time great films that many consider adventure classics. I've read so much talk about how Avengers is the Raiders or Star Wars of this era. I had to agree every time I read it.

Indiana Jones is classic, but I think that the Avengers is perfectly on its level. It wins on the slight edge because it succeded against all my bets.

I have to say that these films are going down in history as the best and most favorite action movies ever made.

No doubt about it, two GREAT adventure films done right.

Avengers it is......long live the new king!

Gotta go with the classic.

Errgh. People voting for NEW things. Get off my lawn.

Raiders.

My 7th and 8th favorite films but The Avengers was just better!

Oh fellow flickcharters, you perplex me so. The Avengers was pleasurable enough, I suppose. But next to Indy? Nah.

I will stick with Raiders, The Avengers has to hold up for longer for me to put it above Raiders.

Avengers won't live forever like Raiders will.

Raiders was the best movie ever when I was five. I'm not five anymore.

As they get older, some movie watchers do prefer people in funny costumes over two-fisted archaeologists. I'm not one of those movie watchers.

And just like your favourite superheroes I enter to restore parity!

Where THE AVENGERS upped the blockbuster ante, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK was designed to stand the test of time because it was designed to be timeless. Those qualities put it over the top here.

Love both, but Raiders has the slight edge.

The two most PERFECT adventure films of all time.

Raiders win this so easily

I love both but Raiders is too much of a classic to lose against The Avengers.

Raiders.

Raiders is simply magical.

avengers is also a classic movie, or will be - So Back to the future, empire, avengers and raiders all fall into the same category. They are those movies I can watch over and over again. Back to the future being my most favorite, and then avengers following close behind.

Anyone who picks the Avengers over Raiders is a total asshole.

Raiders beats Avengers on every level.

I wasn't really that pleased with Avengers so this is fairly easy for me.

I have no love nor nostalgia for Raiders, and it's often overrated in my opinion. Anyways, I'll take it over The Avengers. I really can't stand childish and colorful costumed clowns.

Avengers is the better movie. Indy is okay though, Both are childlike fun. Neither do what T2 did.

Avengers most definietly beats the shit out of raiders.

raiders shits on avengers all day long