The Avengers vs. Skyfall

16 comments

20 comments

Shit ! this is ridiculous there both so good !

Skyfall, it clearly has influences from The Dark Knight.

Skyfall easy

Not even a contest.

The Avengers by a freaking mile.

Damn. "Not even a contest", he says.

Skyfall was very good.....but it is The Avengers by a significant margin for me...

The Avengers wins for now, but I've only seen Skyfall once. Both are amazing films.

Skyfall is a truly magnificent James Bond movie, but The Avengers is an even more fantastic Superheor film.

Yep, that's what I said :)

considering the avengers was a terrible mess...

Skyfall was completely underwhelming...

I don't hold either movie too dear to my heart but I'll pick Avengerrs as I like the characters more.

Skyfall, easy. And The Avengers was a helluva lot of fun.

I expected a lot more from Skyfall. It kinda underwhelmed (that being said so did Avengers).

The Avengers did too little with too much, and Skyfall did too much with too little.

Like I said it could change and it has. I now pick Skyfall. They are both amazing though.

I hate skyfall , i love avengers

I thought The Avengers was great fun. But this is Skyfall every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Avengers by a ton. Skyfall was good for a Bond film but that's not saying much.

Skyfall holds up better on repeat viewings, both are great though.

007 all the way- no contest for me. I didn't like the Avengers so it doesn't appeal to me

Congrats to Adele for winning an Academy Award for her song in The Avengers. "Avengerfall".

Both made my top ten of the entire year. However, Avengers was right at the top. Two fine films and must owns for me.

Skyfall by far

Skyfall is better. Avengers was a fun comic-book flick but didn't have Skyfall's great 'oddly familiar yet fresh' feel. Skyfall is by far the best Bond film and is a clear winner for me.

Avengers is better on every front. Skyfall while engaging had as far fetched plot concepts as an alien invasion. When fantasy adventure delivers wild concepts it's fun because they can cover with their fantastical elements. When a pure "grounded"action film does it, they're called logic flaws.

Skyfall is better by miles

Avengers was a good, hearty romp, and an impressive feat in writing as far as bringing together the plot elements of multiple films was concerned, but Skyfall was on a whole new level, simultaneously beautiful and entertaining. Easily the best film of 2012.

I eventually warmed up to The Avengers, but man, it had a bumpy start. Didn't catch my interest til almost halfway through. Skyfall, on the other hand, starts out with a bang -- pretty much literally. And I think it's much better scripted. Whedon threw a lot of clever dialogue into The Avengers, but it was far too self-conscious for me. With Skyfall I stopped and thought, "Wow, this is actually really beautifully written for a Bond film." Nothing like that in The Avengers, sorry.

I think Skyfall is the superior film.

Skyfall without hesitation.

This isn't even fair for the Avengers, maybe put it up against something like zookeeper

skyfall!! avengers was to kid-friendly...

Neither did much for me, but, at least Skyfall didn't bore me. It wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible. So it wins.

I always love it when I can read some desperate Avengers backlash, but understandably being the highest grossing film of that year it does have it coming. That said Skyfall was a much more compelling story once you get past the buildup of The Avengers, it gives a very psychological feel to the character who up until this point had pretty much just been a characture. Skyfall also does a great job not only deconstructing the character but reassembled him something many modern movies forget to do. I also really love the style Director Sam Mendes creates; one of my favorite scenes was the silhouetted fight in Hong Kong with the sniper. Now we get to the horrible monstrosity that so many people were duped into enjoying The Avengers. Whenever I hear people stress that they didn't like the Avengers I tend to chuckle, but I know it wasn't universally accepted (my sister was bored through most of the movie) but it was such a huge phenomenon and it was more than just hype. It did very well critically audiences overwhelmingly loved it and it had the 3rd highest gross in cinema history which suggests many repeat viewings. That out of the way Joss Whedon is one of the more sincere directors out there, Never do I feel when watching his movies that some of his choices are driven by insecurities, he makes the films he wants to make. Whedon though still has a lot to improve upon when it comes to film making. He may have been able to rely on humor and wit in The first installment but he needs to really think about how to improve on his directing, he does a standard ok job in the cinematography department but at times it did look like it was a very expensive T.V. episode, same could be said for some of the special effects. Joss focused on his strong points for the first Avengers film (which was the smart thing to do) and now he has to work on his weaker aspects. At the end of the day The Avengers was a solid and well received film, it clearly resonated with audiences. I understand not everyone liked the movie and I respect that you shouldn't have to, but pulling an I'm to mature for a film that the whole family can watch is just a tad bit sad.

Skyfall wins with ease

Skyfall is considerably better.

skyfall

Bond easily

Skyfall wins no contest.Bond > the whole avengers team

Avengers for me. Skyfall was great though.

Think on your sins

Both are already dated. Skyfall by a wide margin. Just like BramS said, it isn't good, but it wasn't terrible.

I'm going with The Avengers here... not really sure why just a gut reaction

the avengers for me but Skyfall is my favourite of the bond films.

Even a lesser version of The Dark Knight stomps The Avengers to the ground.