The Avengers vs. The Social Network

3 comments

7 comments

Why does the freedom of choice often feel like intellectual confinement? One can be sure that these are two of the three or four best films in the last five years. Six superheroes, seven if you include Fury, Vs. a coven of overly brilliant narcissists and I still need a magic 8-ball to decide just what the fuck to do here.

The Social Network is a masterpiece! The Avengers is a damn fine film, but the best superhero movie of all time it very much is not. Give me Superman: The Movie, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Spider-Man 2 any day of the week over it. Obviously, The Social Network is the clear winner!

This is definitely close.

The Avengers

Avengers

The Social Network

The Social Network without a doubt. Avengers doesn't really come anywhere close.

The Social Network triumphs over most films of its so-far illustrious decade.

Absolutely love the Network...but Avengers entertained me beyond my expectations.

The Avengers

Avengers

Social Network by far

The Social Network is a Fincher drama masterpiece of the decade, brilliantly executed and I can find hardly a single flaw with the film. Avengers is very fun but feels too much like an introduction movie to the series, which is good, especially with the character relationships and interactions, but the story overall and the ending was pretty simple and straightforward, as well as predictable. It's pretty nice to watch four superheroes from different films fighting aliens but Social Network is so well refined it wins here.

Avengers is pure garbage. The Social Network is (almost) a masterpiece.