The Avengers vs. The Shawshank Redemption

3 comments

12 comments

Avengers is better than a lot of films in the top ten, but it does not in anyway come close to The Shawshank Redemption.

The Shawshank is one of those near perfect films, Avengers was a bit flawed.

I loved The Avengers, mainly because I watched all the superheroe's movies that were in The Avengers. And I just loved seeing all the superheroes that I saw on the big screen the past 10 years come together and UNITE! That was awesome. But it will never beat The Shawshank Redemption, even if The Avengers and The Dark Knight had a baby and named it The Avenging Dark Knight, IT WILL NEVER BEAT SHAWSHANK!

Loved Avengers. And it is absolutely smashed by Shawshank.

Avengers is an marvel fanboy's wetdream and one heck of an action movie. The anticipation of how they would team up was awesome and the why they teamed up was a bit blah. However Shawshank is based in reality and is a very good depiction/metaphor for life. Unfortunately I am a marvel fanboy and freaking love the humor and fighting within the team.

I wish I could tell you that Andy fought the good fight, and The Avengers let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world. Avengers.

Shawshank is the better movie - Avengers is my favorite movie of all time

For my 7,000th comment I'm going with The Redemption of Shawshank Prison.

Shawshank for me as well, even though Avengers is technically better.

Avengers sucked balls. Shawshank was decent.

…. both are tremendously overblown.

Shawshank without hesitation. Avengers is fun but highly overrated.

Shawshank was one of those movies that comes along once in a lifetime and was just...perfect. There is not a single cast member, single piece of acting, nothing about it that was flawed. Avengers, while being epic, was flawed from the get-go. Doesn't make it a bad movie, just makes it flawed.

Personally I don't mind either way. Avengers is #2 on MY list of all time.

Very very easy shawshank

Shawshank Redemption beats any boring dull flawed mcu flim

Boring avengers is beaten by a masterpiece

Shawshank by miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllles

The Avengers is great. Shawshank is a masterpiece and one of the best films ever. It's not close.

shawshank annihilates not even close