The Incredible Hulk vs. Iron Man

4 comments

26 comments

hard choice but a great one.

I really enjoyed both movies a lot but Iron Man is the overall better package and nearly flawless in my eyes.

I thought The Incredible Hulk was good. (In fact, I'm somebody who even quite liked Ang Lee's Hulk.) But Iron Man is better. Period.

Hulk was boring and too long.

Incredible Hulk was such a great movie, but I have to say Iron Man is still better.

i was pleasantly surprised with The Incredible Hulk (especially since ang lee's hulk is one of the worst movies i have ever seen) but Iron Man has to win this one

Was I the only one that disliked Hulk? It was stupid and predictable. Iron Man had character.

Incredible Hulk got alot right, but Iron Man got just about everything right.

It's not just Iron Man s. Hulk, its the decision between Downey Jr. and Norton

While I'm not a fan of Iron Man or Hulk (the characters), I really enjoyed Iron Man, but the Incredible Hulk was just OK

Both awesome films. HULK was a victim of having to follow IRON MAN and THE DARK KNIGHT that summer. Downey Jr. was better than a great Norton..IRON MAN because of that reason.

I agree both great films but i say iron man was a little bit better movie.

I agree both great films but i say iron man was a little bit better movie.

"You should talk." TWO great films and two of THE very best films of 2008. Marvel is on one seriously great roll!

Norton as the Hulk was utterly unconvincing. He's a scrawny dude with brooding eyes; how can he possibly be a 12-foot roided-out green monster? Downey Jr., on the other hand, is totally convincing as Tony Stark: slick, cocky, and incredibly successful, I'm not sure he's even trying to portray someone different than himself against a green screen. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I was pleasantly surprised by The Incredible Hulk. Pretty awesome movie. Edward Norton was magnificent as always. (The final scene was great as well...) However, I just LOVED every bit of Iron Man. It's cast (Robert Downey Jr. was fantastic!), it's plot, it's action was just SO GOOD! It's a close call, but I'm goiong to have to say Iron Man.

Both of these films are overrated (along with the other 3 than came directly out of Marvel Studios). I'll give it to IM since it didn't have the SINGLE! WORST! FEMALE! PERFORMANCE! in the history of superhero films (give me back Jennifer Connelly!)

Bullshit dude! Bullshit. That Elfen chica was no way near as bad as Jennifer Garner's Elektra or Halle Berry's Catwoman. I demand a retraction!

I'm more of a Hulk fan than I am Iron Man, but when it comes to these two movies Iron Man takes it.

I like Iron Man more but I vote for the Incredible Hulk cuz it's losing by so much

Incredible Hulk

Of the six films (so far) from the current "Marvel Cinematic Universe" franchise, The Incredible Hulk is the weakest of the bunch. Iron Man, on the other hand, is the second best (only behind Marvel's The Avengers).

I found The Incredible Hulk to not be a particularly incredible movie.

Either people are misremembering Iron Man, or I'm crazy (or both). Iron Man had the flimsiest flimsy plot that ever flimsied in flimsily plotted superhero films, and there was no tension whatsoever in the action scenes (of which there were only three (short) ones in the entire film). It's the Robert Downey Jr. Show and there's nothing wrong with that, but I feel like people overlook the film's many flaws as a result. He's one of the most charismatic actors working in Hollywood today, no doubt, but the character is really not well written, and neither is the plot. I dunno, I guess I'll give it a rewatch soon, but in no way is it the best - or even one of the best - of the MCU films. The Incredible Hulk DOES share some of the same problems, but they're more forgiveable than in Iron Man. I can't imagine a Hulk film being that much better, anyway. And at least the action scenes had *some* tension behind them.

Back when Marvel looked promising. Still the best 2 films in the MCU! Later down the line, the MCU will become a crapshow only existing to market toys with fast-paced CGI action, lame jokes and no substance. Although, these first two are really good because they include great main characters, a tight story and nice underlining themes. Iron Man for its themes on war and misuse of weapons with its brilliant acting and great plot (the first 45 mins could’ve made a great film on its own and the rest could’ve made a great film on its own. But when they’re put together as a 130 min film; we get one of the greatest superhero stories ever). The Incredible Hulk is essentially a fugitive love story but the character of Bruce Banner and his struggles and it’s extremely compelling for the most part. The final fight does give us a taste for how awful the MCU becomes but everything beforehand is pretty great. My pick is Iron Man since the third act is a lot better and it does what the Hulk does well better!

ear
ear

Let's be straight that on every level Iron Man is the superior film.

Ten years later who would have thought that these films would spawn some of the greatest genre films of all-time. Have to be fond of the foundation for true greatness. "Yeah, I can fly."

IRON MAN by miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care for hulk that much

Best to best 2008, Iron Man by far.

Iron Man best of 2008.

I liked Hulk but IM is better.

Iron Man is better in every way.

2008 is such a great year for comic book movies, even the MCU movies were good

Iron Man is a big success for Marvel, I wouldn't call Incredible Hulk a complete failure, but it's close

it's really impossible that everyone doesn't appreciate The Incredible Hulk for me this film for me is the best of all the MCU films because a film that I liked a lot and then this was the only film that treated the Hulk well