The Wrestler vs. Rocky

6 comments

7 comments

The ring, the turnbuckles, the humanity! How can I choose!?

this is just not fair....

Wow.......I wouldn't have even dared to think of this one.......

Rocky is a classic. But I gotta say, The Wrestler is a better movie.

Love both, but has to be Rocky... His whole life was a million to one shot!!!

ear
ear

The Wrestler is the film that really effected my emotions but I loved them both.

Rocky is the movie for me, although I liked the Wrestler also.

The Wrestler was a nice surprise. Superb film. Although I do feel a twinge of guilt picking it over Rocky.

C'mon people...Bill Conti.

If you go simply by which lead actor gave a better performance, advantage Wrestler. But there's nothing else it has on Rocky. Not the music, not the supporting cast, not the cinematography, nothing. Rocky wins.

The Wrestler is good but, come on, this is Rocky we're talking about here. Rocky wins via 1st round KO.

In just a titanic struggle, I'll go with the Wrestler. By a f'in hair. But if this was against Rocky IV.....

This is probably the hardest choice ever next to Its a Wonderful Life vs. 12 Angry Men, ummmm rocky just barely i was a huge wrestling fan a few years back. If i still was i would have picked the Wrestler but Rocky just barely wins this bout.

Rourke was made (by means of plastic surgery) to play his role in The Wrestler, just as Stallone seems fit to play a mentally vacant boxer. But that's as positive as I'm going to get in talking about Rocky. Believable though he may have been, it's a shtick I don't care to watch. My choices are rarely easier than this; The Wrestler all the way.

The Wrestler is unbelievable, but this is not close. Rocky is the best underdog film of all-time.