Back to the Future vs. The Godfather

14 comments

18 comments

Back to the future because my childhood was so shaped by this movie.

Big League battle but down goes Marty!

The Godfather.

I really want to say Back to the Future, but I'm afraid I have to say The Godfather

lol. This isn't a question.

Back to the Future. One of a kind, frenetic ride.

Definitely Back to the Future.

Voting against The Godfather seems sacrilegious, but I've seen both on TV while channel surfing many times, and I can't turn away from BTTF. That counts for something, even if I can't define it precisely.

The Godfather has the slight edge.

The Godfather is my 2nd favorite film of all time! Back to the Future isn't my favorite!

The Godfather..'nuf said.

Godfather, Back to the future is brilliant but. Godfather is outstanding

The Godfather for me

this is the hardest decision i've ever had to make

Purely personal preference...Back to The Future by a hair...

Godfather is a great film but I enjoy watching Back to the Future more.

The Godfather...

BttF

Godfather is better. Back to the Future is one of my all-time favorites, but Godfather is better.

Back to the Future takes it!

BttF is pure entertainment and heart

BTTF

The godfather can make like a tree and leaf.

Now that's hard man um mm I will go with back to the future but I have to re watch both

The Godfather. In my opinion, Back to the Future is slightly overrated.

I change my decision the godfather wins this match up rather easily after the rewatch

The Godfather is nearly unbeatable. Even to Back to the Future.

Agree. The Godfather is damn near unbeatable.

The Godfather

The Godfather is really good, but if they are both on TV, I'd pick BttF 8/10 times. Not that it's so much better, it's just more fun to watch. And that is something we tend to overlook sometimes when critiquing a film.

Back to the Future for me..

Back to the future is rarely one of those classic charmed films to rewatch.

Godfather is great objectively but personally it doesn't give me the same feeling as Back To The Future!

I’m generally going with back to the future.

Back to the Future is probably the funner movie, but for me, The Godfather wins here, no contest. I love both, they both perfectly do what they set out to do, but The Godfather is just so much richer.

Godfather is way better

This might sound confusing but I think Godfather is the better film objectively; acting, cinematography, production, etc. However, BTTF is the more "perfect" movie, Godfather is a bit too long, can drag out at times, and takes itself too seriously. BTTF has the perfect blend of sci-fi, action, drama, humor, and romance in a manageable length of just under two hours. I also find BTTF to be more entertaining and rewatchable than The Godfather so it wins.

Damn, BTTF is so great. But it still doesn’t hold up here. The Godfather is one of the best films of all time.

I hate going against Back to the Future, but I would hate going against The Godfather much more