Back to the Future vs. Source Code

5 comments

1 comments

Both are sci-fi movies, but I think BttF more entertaining, although I do agree SC is cooler overall and has an awesome cliff-hanger ending.

I missed the BttF nostalgia train by a few too many years, only getting round to seeing it in full at University. It's an enjoyable film, and I'd certainly watch it again, but I can't help but feel that as 80s "classics" go, it's one of the more overrated ones. Source Code on the other hand was fantastic, and though not as good as Duncan Jones' first film Moon, it was a perfect example of how to do a follow up film well. Brilliantly acted, shot, edited, very well paced (no small feat considering the film's central premise) and fully capable of delivering emotional blows in amongst the action. I know I'm probably going be alone in this, but Source Code wins without too much hassle.

Source Code is a really cool film but it's no where near the greatness of the original Back to the Future for me.

Source Code is one of the most underrated movies of this decade but it's not something I would put above BTTF!

Back to the Future by far.

Yeah I used to hate Future. It wasn’t till my late 20’s that I started to enjoy it. At 37, I now love it. I do like a source code though.