Shrek 2 vs. Shrek

22 comments

18 comments

Easy!

I actually thought the second film improved on the first

More memorable characters might be introduced in Shrek 2, but the more memorable film is, without a doubt, the original.

They're nearly even in my mind, but I agree with Charyou_Tree: the first is just that much better.

This one is easy, the orginal is so much better than the second. Not even close.

The first one was really good fun. The second was way too chaotic.

You haven't really missed anything when you haven't seen Shrek2. Besides, to see Shrek2 you must watch the first part first, or otherwise the second one won't make much sense.

I thought that all the Shrek Movies were good but like every series the very first movie is the best!

I preferred the villain in Shrek 2; otherwise, a pretty even match.

The first one, without a doubt.

shrek 2 wins!

I had way more laughs and epic moments with Shrek 2.

Also,first one didn't had Puss In Boots n' Prince Charming,those characters definitely brought a lot to the franchise.

I'll go with the original, but quite frankly, both were very entertaining...

Personally, I think Shrek is the best of the series.

Both fairly even, but I enjoyed the second one more on first viewing. Plus I find Eddie Murphy really annoying (not just in this), so when they reigned him in during the second film I found it much more enjoyable. The first film is probably a better film, but I found the second one more enjoyable.

Shrek 2 is a fine sequel, but I found the first to be more groundbreaking.

Both great, but the first is a little better.

The sequel was much better than the first

I honestly don't know. I saw both in the theater, but I can remember more from the first than from the second. Both good, but I guess I'll go with the first one.

From what I can remember is that Shrek 1 is very annoying, unfunny, lame, and very boring movie. Yes, I do agree with the Nostalgia Critic that Shrek 1 is crap and Shrek 2 is alot much better film than Shrek 1.

Always liked the second one better than the first.

Shrek 2 is better than Shrek One

Number 2

you can't put 2 different Shrek movies against each other to hard to decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like the Second LOVE the First Shrek is classic.

I adore the first Shrek. The second one was just average for me. They should have kept the writers from the first one.

I like the second one, but the first definitely takes it.

I'll go with the first Shrek.

Actually, I've always preferred the sequel.

Shrek 2 gets shit on way too much. One of the best animated sequels of all time.

Original Shrek is way better and is one of my favorite animated movies

Shrek 2 was my favorite of the Shrek movies, because it was really funny. But the first one is still a excellent movie.

the original

Unpopular opinion but I rather the sequel. The one where they introduce Puss In Boots, Far Far Away and the Fairy Godfather. Even the opening is great. "Shes on her honeymoon". "Honeymoon? With who?". *Accidentally In Love starts playing*. All great stuff! Shrek 2, even if it's only about 5 places ahead on my chart!

Shrek is fantastic but the sequel outdid it! Shrek 2 wins in my eyes!

Shrek 2 is better by far.

Not even close

The second film is decent best because of introducing characters and motivation standard than the original one.

is it weird that most people prefer shrek 2 to the original but not here

Shrek 2 is better. It was the first one I saw through, but I do think it's a much funnier and more rewatchable film. The first Shrek film is great, but because I saw Shrek 2 first I always found it slightly overrated, even though it's still a fun film.

Shrek 2 wins this one for me. More interesting plot, better villain, and the memorable characters introduced in this movie are too much to count. Puss in Boots, the King and Queen, Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming, and Doris (winner of Far Far Away Idol). I also like how Shrek 2 subverts the "Happily ever after" trope by having Shrek continue to face problems despite getting his supposed happy ending. In general, Shrek gets a lot more characterization and LAYERS than the first movie gives him. Shrek will always be legendary, but in my eyes, the sequel wins here.

Shrek 2 wins this easily. It fixes most of the problems I had with the first film, yet keeps most of the charm and wit that made the first one so memorable. Plus, the climax of the second is vastly better than that of the first.

Shrek 2>>Shrek 1>>>Shrek 4>>>>>>>Shrek 3

Shrek 1 is Shrek on his peak. Shrek 2 is a great sequel but can't match what Shrek 1 did

for me second and much better than the first even one of the best sequels of the mythical animated films which is the thing that I really liked then in this film I liked the villain then everyone always says that the villain of the first film is not for me not at all liked because he didn'the really does nothing about the whole film shepherd the people who work with him are just useless Instead I really liked the one in the second one because that one really made sense i.e. he gets his son financed by the princess And I'm happy to be a lot of people who think like myself