The Evil Dead vs. Drag Me to Hell

8 comments

4 comments

Looking at these two movies posters it is quite clear that Sam Raimi has something for dragging girls underground with evil looking hands shooting out of the ground. Drag Me To Hell wins but I like 'em both.

Drag Me to Hell may have come from Sam Raimi, the director of The Evil Dead trilogy, but it bears no resemblance to said trilogy. Hell, I would take Spider-Man 3 over Drag Me to Hell. Sam Raimi just dropped the ball here. Without a doubt in my mind, The Evil Dead.

Drag Me to Hell may have come from Sam Raimi, the director of The Evil Dead trilogy, but it bears no resemblance to said trilogy. Hell, I would take Spider-Man 3 over Drag Me to Hell. Sam Raimi just dropped the ball here. Without a doubt in my mind, The Evil Dead.

Drag Me to Hell is great, but come on, its THE EVIL DEAD

Sorry to say, but I loved Drag Me To Hell and I've always felt that the first was the weakest of the Evil Dead trilogy (lacked the fun humor).

At least The Evil Dead remembered to be scary!

I didn't think Drag Me To Hell was remotely scary, but I was thoroughly entertained. I prefer Evil Dead II over the original...so I'll go with the upset on this one...

I've always thought that the "funnier" the Evil Dead films got, the less entertaining they were. I was really disappointed by Army of Darkness. Drag Me to Hell didn't much improve on the Raimi's funny to scary ratio. At least Evil Dead 2 balanced the scary parts with the slapstick, and the humor wasn't too annoying. Drag Me to Hell was way sillier than it should've been. I did laugh about the the plight of the cat, though.

This is a hard choice for me. Both are great Sam Raimi horror flicks.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but to me, Drag Me to Hell is the greatest horror film Sam Raimi's ever made.

I'm also in the minority who prefer Drag Me to Hell. The Evil Dead is one of those movies that didn't necessarily "wow" me when I first saw it, but which seems to get better and better with every subsequent rewatch. That being said, I still think Evil Dead II (and even Army of Darkness) improved on it in almost every way. Drag Me to Hell wasn't particularly scary, but I was simply more entertained by it.