Halloween vs. The Exorcist

14 comments

17 comments

Two of the best horror movies made...

Halloween was seriously underwhelming when I rewatched it a while back. The theme music is the best thing it has going for it. Sure, Halloween was influential and spawned a lot of imitators, but some of them are actually more entertaining (usually because they're so cheesy). Halloween just seems bland. The Exorcist, though, is still just as potent as it was when I saw it as a teenager. There aren't any other demonic possession movies that I enjoy anyehere near as much. Most other horror flicks in general don't even come close.

Yo Mama sews socks that smell!

ear
ear

Well spin my head in the direction of The Exorcist.

Halloween has aged much better than The Exorcist. I watched The Exorcist lately and it seems pretty dated and not so frightening, but Halloween still is very suspenseful.

Halloween has aged much better than The Exorcist. I watched The Exorcist lately and it seems pretty dated and not so frightening, but Halloween still is very suspenseful.

I should really revisit The Exorcist but Halloween is my favorite horror movie of all time.

finally my favourite movie of all time (The Exorcist) takes my no.1 top 20 spot, Halloween is excellent though no doubt

I haven't seen either of them for a long time, but can remember the scary scenes from the Exorcist a lot more clearly, so that's the one I'm going to pick

"Halloween" has aged better than "The Exorcist?" Not by a long shot!

Exorcist is simply the better movie. And quite a bit scarier in my opinion...

Halloween has the creepy as hell killer with no backstory origins known while The Exorcist has the creepy as hell Regan. I like the unknown backstory origin side a whole lot better.

Halloween. Michael Myers > Pazuzu

exorcist's background sound

The Exorcist scared the hell out of me as a kid, and it still pretty much holds up. Halloween? Pff...

Exorcist, hands down!

They are completely different movies. One is a suspenseful slasher flick made for $300K, the other is a big budget psychological religious thriller. I love them both for different reasons, but since I have to pick I'm going with Halloween because I look forward to watching it every year. The Exorcist isn't as enjoyable to watch for me.

halloween >>

Halloween is far more suspenseful and just far better. The Exorcist tries to be scary but actually isn't....Halloween is a classic and brought one of the most iconic horror characters.

I love Halloween, the last time I watched it though, it seemed to have aged kinda badly. I still love it, probably down to nostalgia, I'll give it another watch anyway. The Exorcist beats it in most areas though, the acting is better, the writing is better, it's the more beautifully shot film in my opinion. I find The Exorcist to be loaded with tension too, I love the scenes where Karras talks to Reagan/Pazuzu, engrossing as fook, man.

The Exorcist, hands down

And nobody has mentioned how similar their themes sound? Hm. Anyway, it's The Exorcist for me, although both are fantastic.

"Halloween" was the first horror film to scare the shit out of me as a kid. I believe that Michael Myers' mask traumatized me as a kid because whenever I see it now, I wish I was looking at the mask from "Halloween: Resurrection" instead. I just caught another viewing of "The Exorcist" today and found it to be creepy but not as suspenseful or scary as "Halloween". But, that being said, "The Exorcist" is still a really well made horror film and one of the best I have ever seen. In this situation though, "Halloween" takes the cake.

Halloween by far! Not only does it hold up better (the Exorcist still holds up well also) it is just the better movie.

Halloween is a pretty damn scary flick, but The Exorcist is a masterpiece of horror and storytelling.

Both 2 of the best horror films of the 70s but I'm with halloween it was one of those movies that got me into horror and into other movies always be one of my favorite films of all time The Exorcist is Great but I did not see that film until a little while later so I choose Halloween

Halloween is much better in my opinion.

Halloween is MY personal favorite Horror movie, but the exorcist is scarier. I guess I would choose Halloween, though. :)

I'll go with my horror's favorite. (Hm, i think, Shining is an thriller, Jaws, Psycho, and Silence too)

Yeah, I know. Those movies weren't so bad at all

Halloween takes it. What's so good about that funny comedy known as The Exorcist?

Halloween takes it for me. The Exorcist is good, but when Reagon isn't on screen, it's kind of dull.

Halloween for me, but both films are true classics of their genre.

What a great matchup! I personally prefer Halloween, but only by a thin sliver. Both in my Top 20 forever and always.

ear
ear

The Exorcism is the real deal horror movie. Halloween is just a good slasher flick.

ear
ear

The Exorcist is the real deal horror film. Halloween is just a good slasher film.

I love John Carpenter to death, but I feel like he himself would probably pick The Exorcist over Halloween. As for myself: Halloween is a great movie of course, arguably (one of) the best slasher movie(s) ever made, but I just prefer supernatural horror to slashers, and The Exorcist for me is quite possibly the pinnacle of its genre.

The Exorcist, it was just a excellent film... solid acting from an amazing cast, great pacing, deep lore rooted by real Catholic & Pagan/Occult imagery

The exorcist is more disturbing and shocking while Halloween is more Thrilling and fun. If u want to get actually scared watch the exorcist but if u want to have a good time and have fun I would recommend watching Halloween. They are both great in there different ways but i prefer Halloween more.