Ant-Man vs. Avengers: Age of Ultron

10 comments

15 comments

hard choice Age of Ultron had several moments of brilliant film making but Ant-man is a more complete film probably one of the best stand alone films for marvel up there with iron man and winter soldier.

The two best comic book films in a while. Who would have ever thought that Ant-Man could ever be that good of a movie?

I don't understand what people see in Ant-Man at all??? It was always going to be a hard sell, given the premise, but if it had been executed with the charm of an Iron Man or Guardians, it might have worked. Yet the final result was almost boring to me? Even Paul Rudd was bland. The dialogue was horrible, and only Michael Pena shone. Avengers: Age of Ultron was an overinflated mess, but at least it entertained me, and had characters I cared about. It's sad ... last year we got two of Marvel's best flicks, but this year's offerings have disappointed me.

Easy choice for me, I was very disappointed by Age of Ultron, Ant-Man on the other hand was awesome

I thought Age of Ultron was pretty good and I had a lot of fun with it. But something felt a little bit off about it, I don't know what (does anyone else feel this way?). After seeing it, I left the theater feeling slightly disappointed. However, I really enjoyed Ant-Man and I didn't really have any problems with it. Until I see Age of Ultron again, I'm gonna go with Ant-Man here.

Rac
Rac

Ant-Man was much better.

Enjoyed both but right now my gut is saying Ant-Man.

Not really sure how I feel about both films. Both have their moments but they are very few in number. I'd have to say maybe Age of Ultron.

Ant-Man is a great intro and origin but Age of Ultron is a spectacular sequel to the greatest comic book film of all-time. Have to say AoU.

Avengers 2 sucked bawls. I'd rather see a fun and interesting movie than one which tries to be epic and meaningful but is actually sloppy and boring.

Two of the better films of the entire years.

Another home run for the Marvel team!

I really really enjoyed both of these efforts. Can't wait to see Ant-Man and The Wasp.

2015 was a pretty damn weak year for Marvel, especially when you consider that two of the best Marvel films came out the year before it. At least Ant-Man knew to be fun...I don't know what they were thinking with Avengers 2.

The two most fun films of 2015? Probably.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Age of Ultron wins for sure. At least Age of Ultron had a good story, emotion, characters, and creativity. The same can not be said about Ant-Man.

ear
ear

Age of Ultron was head and shoulders over Ant-Man.

Both are very average to me

Both hold up so very well and are so damn good. Can the future MCU be as good? After 20 movies I'm scared that they are going to try and fix was isn't broken.

Rac
Rac

I don't know, part-Cold War era, part-post-Berlin Wall era Black Widow movie sounds interesting. I'm in for the 90s Captain Marvel. I'm intrigued about Ant-Man & The Wasp, especially how it deals with the Civil War aftermath. What I'm not excited about are Spider-Man 2, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2... They are just going to be the same movie again.

Both are great movie experiences. So very well done.

ear
ear

Avenger movies any day over Ant-Man.

Ant-Man is and will always be a pure delight. AoU is damn good as well.

AOU.

Age of Ultron by far.