Sleeping Beauty vs. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

4 comments

11 comments

I only saw Sleeping Beauty for the first time relatively recently. It was the first film from Disney's first Golden Age of animation that really felt like a re-tread to me. A total ripoff of Cinderella and, yes, Snow White. It had a somewhat unique visual style, but otherwise did very little for me.

I'll have to go with Sleeping Beauty.I have to say that imo these are 2 of the best looking Animated films I've ever seen.

JRM
JRM

I'm not a fan of any of the Disney princess movies, with the exception of Beauty of the Beast -- and I also liked Anastasia. Out of these, I say Snow White.

Disney took a leap with the art style in Sleeping, but of course they took a huge leap with Snow. But the music wins with Sleeping.

Snow White. Groundbreaker.

I haven't seen either in years, but I really liked them as a kid. I'll go with Snow White.

Sleeping beauty.

Both Disney classic fairy-tale films of the world, but I'm going to go with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as one of my favorite Disney films on my list.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs all the way. My #1 favorite Disney villain of all-time is The Wicked Queen. Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty just can't beat her. The witch in Snow White is so wicked in disguise.

Seven Dwarfs > Three Fairies.

I used to love both Disney classic fairy tale stories, but I still love Snow White more than Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is even more brilliant than Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White is the fairest of them all.

snow white is best

Sexism vs sexism!

ear
ear

I prefer Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is way better. It has a much better story.

Although I like Snow White more now than when I did as a kid, Sleeping Beauty has one of the best villains in any animated Disney film. That dragon sequence is amazing.