Looper vs. The Godfather

0 comments

6 comments

Genius. That's what this match up is. A second me just appeared and told me that he's me from the year 2034. Tells me that The Godfather Part IV is made, is directed by Christopher Nolan, and stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Vito Corleone Jr. (the secret son that Vito Sr. kept secret from everyone). Future Me even tells me that Leo finally wins his first Academy Award for Best Actor at the age of 59 but ends up finding out that the Award is actually made of plastic. Future Me also says that Star Wars Episodes VII, VIII, and IX star Tobey Maguire as Luke Skywalker's son Fred. He also mentioned that Nicki Minaj plays the villain 'Darth Stupidhoe'. Minaj's song 'Starships' replaces the classic theme done by John Williams in the other two trilogies. What else...oh yeah, Enrique Iglesias becomes President of the United States and was currently in his fourth term in 2034. "It's gonna be a bright future" Future Me tells me.

^HaHa. The Godfather wins.

Looper was great, but the Godfather is just on a completely different level.

The prose the opens this discussion ultimately nullifies any future debate, as anything following it will appear only in the shadow of the insane ramblings of a genius.

Looper gets destroyed.

The Godfather triumphs here.

Godfather eats Looper in the first second of the battle.

Well I don't know which one's better so I'll let my Flickchart decide that, but I will just say that Looper is a boundary-pushing work of science fiction, whereas The Godfather is a straightforward, albeit brilliantly made, crime movie. In short, perhaps not worthy of the hype.