Ferris Bueller's Day Off vs. Superbad

3 comments

3 comments

The kids in 'Ferris Bueller' seems so innocent compared to those in 'Superbad'. Anyways, the point goes to 'Superbad' for hilarious writing and funny performances. 'Ferris Bueller' has been emulated and outright copied way too much to really make much of an impact on me anymore.

While Ferris Bueller seems a little more iconic and memorable, I can't help but admit that I enjoyed Superbad more from moment to moment all the way through.

Okay, yeah I'm getting old but penis and ball jokes just do it for me now that I'm no longer fearing the high school cafeteria, Ferris still holds up for me, so, yeah.

I meant to that balls and penises don't do it for me anymore, damn no editing option, get on that, you know who you are.

Ferris Bueller is great but I grew up watching Superbad in my high school years so it's a little more special to me that way.

Not a fan of either (not really a fan of the whole "gross-out/teenage freedom escapade" comedy sub-genre), but would rather sit through the more quixotic, bizarrely idiosyncratic iteration than yet another only just bearable, formulaic, repetitive Judd Apatow film. Ferris Bueller wins.

Ferris Bueller's fairytale is shallow, charming, and glib. Superbad is more grounded and emotionally resonant.

Grew up watching Ferris so yah it's Ferris