Fight Club vs. Gran Torino

14 comments

11 comments

Both of these were amazing movies... Hard decision, much?

Gran Torino wins imo...only just.

Both amazing movies, but somehow an easy choice for me.

Fight Club by a mile

God it's so hard

Gran Torino for me.

Fight Club, but not by much I LOVE Gran Torino

Ya know, I'm gonna choose an old man defending his neighborhood from gangs instead of two guys that start up their own fighting chain. I'm doing that.

Gran Torino teaches you how to be a fighter in the twilight of your years. Fight Club is about being a pussey in your prime. So Fight Club D:

Come on, Walt Kowalski would stack the fairies in Project Mayhem five feet high, use them for sandbags.

fight club has better acting. and the way it was made was soooo interesting but gran torino is an emotional story, with a perfect ending and it brought tears to my eyes gran torino baby

lud
lud

Gran Torino. This will be classic.

Why is this even a discussion. Fight Club

Eastwood wins here I need to rewatch Fight Club

People don't analyze Fight club enough. It should be kept as one of the best films of all time. It's as analyzable as 2001, Blade runner or Stalker but people don't go deep enough because it's also super entertaining and a film you can watch friday night with popcorn. That is why it's my favourite film. I can think about it a lot and it's a very cinematic film but I can also watch it as entertainment. I really like Gran Torino but it's really no competion here.

people have been analyzing fight club for years and I have seen hundreds of articles getting into the many ideas and themes of fight club the problem is that the fans of fight club who believe it is a celebration of these characters and a promotion of the life style are louder than the intelligent observers who realize what Fincher was actually trying to say.

people have been analyzing fight club for years and I have seen hundreds of articles getting into the many ideas and themes of fight club the problem is that the fans of fight club who believe it is a celebration of these characters and a promotion of the life style are louder than the intelligent observers who realize what Fincher was actually trying to say.

Fight Club

I'd rather watch Gran Torino any day...

gran torino wins by a nautical mile. Thats right my name is peg-leg john

Fight Club by a longshot and I love Gran Torino.

Gran Torino's a decent film, but Fincher beats Eastwood any day.

ear
ear

The Fight Club slams Grab Torino.

ear
ear

The Fight Club slams Gran Torino.

Fight Club is about rebelling against consumerist society's evil culture of emasculation by bashing each other up in underground fight clubs. What a deep concept for intelligent viewers. Totally worthy of serious analysis. Now that the New World Order is in the offing, Fight Club fans can finally look forward to a real War and a real Depression, and stop being bitter over the fact that they're not rock-stars or movie-gods. In case you didn't get the sarcasm, Fight Club is a joke.

Fight Club was ahead of its time, but I have to chose Eastwood’s directorial magnum opus.

It's been way too long since I saw Fight Club, but Gran Torino flies by for me and thoroughly entertained me.