Fight Club vs. Pulp Fiction

20 comments

37 comments

Seen both, impressed by neither.

This is the hardest choice I have ever made on FlickChart. Both are really really good movies. Great story with a great cast. Plup Fiction is probably on of Quentin Tarantino's best film with an amazing story and usually when I have this up against another film it always wins. Where on the other hand Fight Club is a movie I never get bored with. It has a message that speaks to me. Plus it has such an amazing twist at the end that I was completely blown away. This is definitly one of my all time favorite Brad Pitt movies. Oh decision decision. Eh fuck it I'll go with Fight Club. haha

Not easy. I love both. I enjoyed both. Both got a great script. Both got a great cast. But PF got the much better Soundtrack.

JRM
JRM

Pulp Fiction. But I also really like Fight Club.

Tough. Very tough. I like Fight Club more, but think that Pulp Fiction is the better film. The differences are marginal, they're both such good quality, well thought out, well shot films. I'm going to have to pick Pulp Fiction.

I wish I had time to describe why I like one over the other, but all that I keep doing is thinking about why either is better. I choose Pulp Fiction, but can't find a way to describe why. What's the difference between amazing and spectacular.

I thought this was a hard choice until I realized that it wasn't. Pulp Fiction, people. Pulp Fiction.

i would choose both but i think i like pulp fiction just a little tiny bit more than fight club, but i love fight club

Bosman has a point. If you would pin out every single element and give it and rate it (like script, shots, cast, soundtrack and so on) every one for each movie gets a ten. Except the bloody soundtrack. If FC gets ten then PF gets about a million. Why ?? It's my favourite soundtrack off all time just over the blues brothers. Both are the best movies ever. Pulp Fiction wins be the soundtrack.

Pulp Fiction all the way, every day. One of the greatest ensemble casts, a great story, and it's directed by Quentin Tarantino. Fight Club is still a great piece of film, but Pulp Fiction has a much better style.

I do love Brad Pitt and Edward Norton but Pulp Fiction has John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Uma Thurman and so many other good actors that topple the first two. Pulp Fiction is a god.

I really liked Fight Club, but Pulp Fiction is obviously the more influential film. Fight Club has a great twist, and I love it, but Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorites, if not favorite. Plus, the soundtrack is memorable, psychedelic, and completely awesome.

Not always a Pulp hater! Victory to Travolta, Sam, Bruce, and the gang on this one...

Both are fantastic in every way. Fight Club gets the vote, just based on the fact that I've seen it more theatrically.

As much as I love Pulp Fiction im giving it to Fight Club

Going with Fight Club. Tyler Durden long live!

Fight Club

Come on, Fight Club is good but it is one of the most overrated movies of all time. Pulp Fiction is a classic and got robbed of an oscar to forrest chump

This is a tough one.Which film is more overrated?Can't decide......

Just kidding.......both are great films.Both the films have this 'fun' vibe to them.They're highly re-watchable in my eyes.However,I must admit that Fight Club had the more intelligent concept.Fincher's impressive direction along with Edward Norton's fabulous performance makes Fight Club the winner for me.

I do like Fight Club, but Pulp Fiction beats it by a mile.

You gotta go with Pulp Fiction. I didn't really like Fight Club, my friend always gives me crap for it, but i don't know, I just couldn't get into it. Pulp Fiction on the other hand I enjoyed very much...

fight club's just simply too cool... the best movie ever!!

Fight Club - Best thing to happen to me when I was 11. Pulp Fiction - Best thing to happen to me when I was 16. Now in my early 20's, I don't particularly care for either anymore. I must be the only man in the world... I will say this. Fight Club WISHES it could be HALF the movie that Pulp Fiction is. The twist in Fight Club is what made the movie as unique as it is. After you see it the first time, it simply does not hold up to repeated viewings. Pulp Fiction does because it doesn't rely on gimmick. I acknowledge and respect the acting, cinematography, music and direction in Pulp Fiction, even though I'm no longer one of the millions of "biggest fans" it has.

Pseudo-transgressive showdown! Okay, so there's a happy middle ground between being an office drone and a loudmouth hipster/domestic terrorist. I didn't really need to be told that. And you know everyone came out identifying with Tyler Durden, so... And that tryhard-edgy goth girlfriend character is a fucking bore. Pulp Fiction pisses me off a little less.

Pulp Fiction takes it

I'm sorry, as cool as Fight Club is, Pulp Fiction just destroys it for me. I mean, watching Pulp Fiction is just something too unbelievable for me: I mean, for me, watching that 150 minute movie is like sitting through a 20 minute episode! Time flies with Pulp Fiction: Amazing characters, awesome music, best dialogue in any movie (PERIOD!), superb acting, masterful direction and perfect casting. Sorry David Fincher, you're a great director but Tarantino kills it here!

Both are amazing pieces of original work. Fight Club is more bizarre and surreal than Pulp Fiction, which is saying a lot. These are two movies that make it into my top 10, I can't for the life of me separate them. I'm going to go with Fight Club, it blew me away the first time I saw it whereas Pulp Fiction grew on me slower and slower each day. I disagree with the first comment, both are to be celebrated.

Two of my all-time favorites. Pulp Fiction has the slight edge.

Fight Club, no contest for me.

Pulp Fiction was genre defining with an amazing script which made comedy out of violence. A great film. But it isn't Fight Club. Fight Club is a new style of directing that I haven't encountered before; with many witty tricks that make the film extremely rewatchable. The plot is great and the twist is very cleverly build into the film. Whilst Pulp Fiction makes comedy out of violence, Fight Club uses it to take a stab at society that makes even the most law-biding citizen hate the puppet masters of this world.

Pulp Fiction, any Tarantino movie is above Fight Club except for Inglorious Bastards, Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2, and Jackie Brown. So only Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained.

Holy shit! My number 2 and 3! Fight Club.

Once upon a time both of these were in my top 5. Fight Club has since fallen quite a bit (it is still currently top 30) meanwhile Pulp Fiction has become my #1 film.

I honestly don't see all the fuss with either of these famed movies. PF for me.

This one is hard. But Fight Club wins...just.

Pulp Fiction, but boy that is close...

Both offer great stylistic film techniques. I love both. I will say Pulp Fiction for now.

Fight Club

You just can't beat the Pulp ;)

Definitely Pulp Fiction

Both are extremely stylish but Pulp Fiction needs to be rewatched and I can relate to Fight Club more, having seen it hundreds of times

I can understand why people would say Pulp Fiction; I think its QT's best. I think on this occasion I'm going to go for Fight Club. The twist at the end though......

I think both are highly overrated films, i probably like Pulp Fiction more though

I enjoy Fight Club but Pulp Fiction is simply the better film in my opinion.

Fight Club is one of my all time favourites but Pulp Fiction is my all time favourite so my vote goes to Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction by a whisker

I like the gritty Fight Club more than the smooth comedic Pulp Fiction.

Man, I hate having to choose between two bad movies. Umm...Pulp Fiction because of the dance scene?

Since I must pick, I'll pick Pulp Fiction.

Fight club.

I think PF is better. The only reason I prefer Fight Club is the atmosphere.

Pulp Fiction is a far better film

Fight Club

fight club is still my shit

Pulp Fiction for me, Fight Club is bit overrated in my opinion.

Fight club

ear
ear

Fight Club but damn this is close.

Pulp fiction.

Pulp fiction is a good movie but fight club is just superior in almost every way

So close... Hard to pick... Fight club gotta win by a narrow margin.

Fight Club is on another level, it absolutely blows your mind, goes beyond what we you except for a film. It just teaches you a lot more things than Pulp fiction.

Fight club is in my top 10 whereas pulp fiction is on my #1

Technical Brilliance: Fight Club Entertainment Value: Pulp Fiction Rewatchability: Pulp Fiction Acting: Fight Club Writing: Fight Club Directing: Pulp Fiction Cinematography: Fight Club Music: Pulp Fiction Length: Fight Club Pacing: Pulp Fiction Accessibility: Fight Club Innovation/Influence: Pulp Fiction Story: Pulp Fiction Characters: Pulp Fiction Themes: Fight Club Pulp Fiction barely wins out according to my criteria. I personally believe Pulp Fiction is the greater piece of entertainment media, but Fight Club is the superior film and work of art.

PF is only 1 spot ahead of FC

Let me try to simplify my thoughts rather than listing categories and naming winners for each one. Fight Club is a better film in my eyes because it's so much more than just good entertainment, it has a clear message that it's trying to convey through its unique style. Not to mention, its plot twist at the end creates so many potential new viewings for fresh experiences. Pulp Fiction in a nutshell, is essentially just a bunch of people doing random crazy shit, which for me is just fine. I enjoy Pulp Fiction more because there's so many memorable moments, quotable lines, cool characters, and a fantastic soundtrack.

both are close but pulp fiction is better