Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace vs. Return of the Jedi

0 comments

21 comments

This isn't even close.

My least favourite of both trilogies, but easily Return of the Jedi, which is still in my top 12 films ever

I'm going to be conformist for once and say Return of the Jedi. It's my favorite of the earlier trilogy, whereas episode one is not my favorite in the newest.

While I lasted the whole way through Return of the Jedi, and gave up on The Phantom Menace about halfway through, I still can't pick it. I can't point to a single thing I liked about Return of the Jedi, but there was something that kept The Phantom Menace from being a complete waste: the pod-race. There's a reason that, when I watched it as a kid, it made me go out and get the pod-racing video game. Admittedly, it didn't do as much for me as it did back then, but it was still kind of interesting to watch and that's more than I can say for any scene in Return of the Jedi.

This is an insult, Return of the Jedi without a shadow of a doubt.

Third Best Star Wars movie vs Second Worst Star Wars movie. The Phantom Menace is a mediocre movie with Jar Jar Binks and Young Anakin in it but it is still better than that CGI Crapfest movie which was Attack of the Clones. So, Return of the Jedi still beats all of the three Star Wars Prequels in a easy contest.

Damn it, STOP USING MY WORDS. CGI Crapfest is copyrighted, pal.

My favorite Star Wars film VS my least favorite Star Wars film. Yeah Return of the Jedi wins this by a longshot.

Anybody who says Phantom Menace is better than Return of the Jedi needs to get a wake-up slap.

^My Jigglypuff'll help you out of that.

Opposite ends of the Star Wars universe...

I hate midi-chlorians. Oh, I hate them so.

The Phantom Menace just seemed Lame to me.

Return of the Jedi is just awful because it messed up the Star Wars Saga way back in the Summer of 1983 and the Ewoks killed the Star Wars Saga 16 years before Jar Jar Binks was born. In my opinion, I think that The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are both better films than Return of the Jedi.

Lol @ Return of the Jedi killed the Star Wars franchise. Suuuure. Not that it was a big hit or anything.

MysticSpoon, Return of the Jedi does suck I'm sorry. The half of the plot was based on the Ewoks and Another Death Star is a joke. The only parts That were good in ROTJ was Han Solo comes out of the carbonite and Darth Vader Dies. The rest of Return of the Jedi was Crap.

And next week you'll call it the third best Star Wars movie again? Or did the Nostalgia Critic say something about Return of the Jedi? Or did y--start makin' some sense, boy!

Both Disappointing but The Phantom Menace was were Star Wars Died.

Return of the Jedi is better of course ! The first Saga is the BEST !

Return of the Jedi didn't blow me away like it did for others, but it's a masterpiece compared with Phantom Menace.

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!" Tim Bisley - Spaced

Ha ha ha.

Jedi had slave Leia nuff said!

I re-watched the entire original trilogy a couple years ago, first time in a long time, first time in widescreen. Star Wars and Empire remain two of the greatest films ever made, though not without their flaws. Jedi, however, dropped significantly in my estimation. I love it still because it's one of those important childhood films, and it does still contain some of the most iconic imagery in all of cinema: Jabba's palace, the speeder chase through Endor, that final scene between Luke and Vader. The direction is a lot sloppier than the first two, but it is still much more compelling cinema than the prequels.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. This's just a battle because Phantom Menace is a Star Wars film.

Didn't like any of the two, but Jedi's better.

Worst of the prequel trilogy vs Worst of the OT, the difference between these two is enormous

per me vince il ritorno dello Jedi perché è il mio capitolo migliore di tutti i film di Star Wars queste è solo il mio parere che sarebbe ewoks per me sono mille volte meglio di jar jar binks