Ace Ventura: Pet Detective vs. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

15 comments

4 comments

Well it's going to have to be the first one, isn't it?

No contest.

Your honor, I object.

I don't like either of them very much, but the second is clearly superior. The first was just a bunch of formless schtick; Jim Carrey acting a fool. The second had more actual jokes; bits were set up and executed. It was a better movie and a funnier movie (relatively speaking).

the shark scene is my favorite comedic scene iof these two, so i have to go with that one

The first one was definitely funnier.

The first one can't match with the rhino scene in the second

The second win just because of the rhino scene.

I don't seem to remember much from these two. I'll have to see them again. Until then, it's the original.

I find the first movie a lot funnier. I know we expect Jim Carrey to be OTT, but in When Nature Calls, he went too far, and became annoying.

The first ACE is all kinds of WIN. The second...not so much...

The sequel had more memorable moments for myself. The rhino scene is still one of the funniest things I've seen.

Ace Ventura first movie what seen it was fantastic great when he gets the win of warth it Ace Ventura 2 was actully bad he besugly loses after he fights manens

Okay, the scene with the "rhino" is sorta funny, but everything else about the sequel is garbage. The first movie is clearly better.

I really have some good laughs with both. The original takes it though.

Pet Detective hands down. 10 times funnier.

Pet Detective hands down. 10 times funnier.

Definitely the first, no question. Everything is weaker in the second one.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

The first is cute, the second is shit