South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut vs. A Hard Day's Night

2 comments

0 comments

I LOVE The Beatles; I'm a hardcore fan and I love A Hard Day's Night. I love the music, the humor, everything. So this is a hard choice for me because I loved the South Park movie too. I saw it five times in the theater when it came out and it still makes me laugh today. And I'm not a big comedy movie fan. I had very little previous exposure to South Park when I first saw it; I didn't have cable at the time so the movie was my intro to the show. I was surprised how funny I found it. I may change my mind but for now I'm going with South Park.

The Beatles don't really do much for me. They have a few catchy songs but, overall, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Granted, they're way before my time, so I may be speaking from a place of ignorance. At any rate, the guys in the band are plenty likable enough in A Hard Day's Night, but the story is nearly nonexistent. It's just kind of a boring movie. One movie that isn't boring is South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. Nothing beats a breakdancing Saddam Hussein ("Satan, your ass is gigantic and red. Who am I going to pretend you are, Liza Minnelli?") or a talking, um, clitoris.