Land of the Dead vs. Dawn of the Dead

0 comments

7 comments

Sorry Romero, but the Remake is better

JRM
JRM

I agree, though I enjoyed both.

Land is a fucking mess. Guys, get it? The zombies are just like us. Give zombie peace a chance. It's social commentary and stuff! Savini hasn't gone senile yet, has he? Why didn't he slap some sense into George? With that said, it's better than that garbage Dawn remake by a hair I guess.

Dawn crushes!

@UncleFok: Whoa, whoa, whoa...no, it isn't.

Land or Dawn? We may have to agree to disagree either way

I'm saying there's no way Land is better than Dawn. What do you dislike so much about Dawn?

It's the epitome of an unnecessary Hollywood remake, slick, soulless, totally braindead, filmed like a music video, zero likeable characters, full of pandering internet kid humor (celebrity zombies!), I could go on and on. Doesn't help the original Dawn is one of my favorites. I just hate hate hate that remake. Romero's stuff these days is bad, but it's at least interesting-bad sometimes. Like, I can tell his heart is in it in some misguided way, it's not JUST to make money (Dawn).

And there's no *dread* in the remake. In the original, you see these slow, dumb, badly made up grey zombies slowly shambling around, you hear that cheesy synth score, and you know it's dated, but there's a sense of dread. In the remake you got zombies that run for christ's sake and it's still not scary.

Dawn of the Dead was the great at least most of it Land of the Dead is not that fuamlair of zombie movie not guess of the zombies didn't oveled what happed before that it could just noften could up for so DOTD wins it

to me its easy I do like Land of Dead for what it is but Dawn is an insanely fun and the blood and gore is on point no its not as good as the original in any way but budget and colored violence but it is still one of the better remakes out there!