Pacific Rim: Uprising vs. Pacific Rim

0 comments

8 comments

The sequel feels more like it was geared towards kids. Studio fingerprints are all over it. The original, although very much a popcorn movie, is the work of an auteur. The first one is easily better.

John Boyega’s so good that he elevates Uprising and makes his bits really sizzle. Unfortunately, he’s not the whole movie. It’s fun in a dumb way, but yes, it’s very much something off the assembly line, without the creative personality of excellent character development of the original.

John Boyega has heaps more charisma than Charlie Hunnam, yeah. Pretty much agreed with everything else above. I tend to love Pacific Rim a little more every time I see it; Uprising was merely pretty fun.

Let's hope for a best of both worlds in the 3rd movie: Boyega starring and del Toro directing.

Decent sequel. But I agree, the original continues to get better upon every rewatch. I don't see that happening with Uprising.

Hated the sequel one of the bad disappointing films ever seen, the first one was watchable and better effects.

John Boyega almost hides the fact that uprising is utter crap.

For the original I had a really crapy seat at the cinema, but I didn't notice I hurt my neck until the end. For the sequel I didn't notice the movie.