Blazing Saddles vs. Young Frankenstein

13 comments

11 comments

on 8/5/2009

Young Frankenstein, aaaalllll the way.

on 8/19/2009

The Battle between two of the greatest comedies of all time...I choose Young Frankenstein!!!

on 8/23/2009

I knew I would eventually have to face this choice. I have to go with Blazing Saddles, but only by the smallest margin.

on 11/15/2009

Young Frankenstein felt to me like the classic it was meant to be when I watched it, while I felt rather indifferent to Blazing Saddles, and cannot see myself rewatching it as often as the other Mel Brooks films.

on 12/14/2009

Thank goodness I don't have to also compare Spaceballs with these two.

on 1/2/2010

I have to go with Young Frankenstein, because it has both the laughs and the heart.

on 1/18/2010

Young Frankenstein is Brooks' best, although Blazing Saddles is just as classic.

on 2/27/2010

Classic comedy match up! Almost too tough to choose but Blazing Saddles Wins!

on 4/24/2010

In 1974 Blazing Saddles might have pushed more buttons and been thought of as the funnier movie, but Young Frankenstien has held up much better. Its still just as fresh and funny as it was 35 years ago.

ear
ear

on 5/11/2010

Young Frankenstein is Brook's Comic Masterpiece. Guaranteed laughs throughout.

on 8/2/2010

Brooks' best. I don't know how to decide. Blazing Saddles has the better jokes (though not by much) and some razor sharp satire of racism in both American history and American movies, but Young Frankenstein has style and character and a better story for the comedy to build on. I wish there was "draw" was an option.

on 9/17/2010

i have to chime in. Young Frankenstein holds up over time better, although I may need to re-watch them back to back to be fair.

on 9/18/2010

Young Frankenstein all the way. I love both movies, but I love YF more....

on 1/15/2011

Mel Brooks is a director who I enjoy, but not as nearly as much as everyone else does. Young Frankenstein did nothing for me, while Blazing Saddles is easily my favorite of his.

on 2/10/2011

Interesting since these movies are # 42 & 43 on my list. On any given day I could go either way. Today I say Blazing Saddles.

on 2/26/2011

Pure greatness! So very hard to choose but have to give the edge to Blazing Saddles simply because it's more quotable and slightly more funny!

on 4/4/2011

Young Frankenstein is a comedic masterpiece. Blazing Saddles' humor is a bit cheaper, in comparison.

on 6/29/2012

I like Young Frankenstein, but I love Blazing Saddles. I think it has more laughs and is much more quotable.

on 11/9/2012

Both are great but Young Frankenstein is one of the best comedies ever. The combination of Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Peter Boyle, Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Madeline Kahn, Kenneth Mars and Gene Hackman easily one of the best casts of all-time

on 11/12/2012

How do i choose? they┬┤re both so good.

on 11/12/2012

Blazing Saddles is hilarious, but I stand by opinion that Young Frankenstein is Mel Brooks' best film.

on 10/3/2013

Two greatest Mel Brooks comedies and both came out the same year. Gene Wilder stars in both and is brilliant. Blazing Saddles in funnier, but Young Frankenstein in the better film. Since this list is simply favorites, not best, Blazing Saddles wins.

on 1/2/2015

Two great Mel Brooks films. Two great 1974 films. Two great comedies. I'll go with Franc-en-schtein.

on 1/2/2015

Never loved either...but I'll go with the Saddles...

on 4/19/2015

My question is: how many people voted for Young Frankenstein because it was funnier, and how many of them just voted for it because it seemed more important? Folks, it wasn't important. Mel Brooks didn't make important movies, he made hilarious ones. And Blazing Saddles is WAY funnier, coming in just below The Producers on the funny scale.

on 5/8/2017

Blazing Saddles for more satiric substance