A Fistful of Dollars vs. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

3 comments

18 comments

The third one is the best. Obviously.

Take The Good, THe Bad and the Ugly, streamline it and you have A Fistful of Dollars, more or less. And it's because of this streamlined aspect of A Fistful of Dollars that I chose it over The Goo, THe Bad and the Ugly. It is shorter and, as a result, doesn't have the tendency to drag that the Good, The Bad and the Ugly does. It's kind of like a satisfying brand of western fluff.

ear
ear

Hard choice and my initial response is for that Fistful of Dollars but that could change tomorrow.

ear
ear

It changed today!

This is easy as hell to me. TG, TB, aTU is a classic. Fistful is just a fun remake of a Kurosawa film.

Reading what I said, maybe I should say it again without sounding like an ass. I understand what Fistful did. I appreciate it. I really do. It's definitely a blast to watch. I love it. But Sergio Leone wasn't SERGIO LEONE when he made Fistful. I don't think he hit all caps until For a Few Dollars More. And then he just slaughtered everything that came before and would come after with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. So yeah, while I can most definitely dig Fistful, Leone totally outdoes his own movie with the final film in the trilogy.

Ugly all day folks...

gonna be honest I prefer A Fistful of Dollars

The Good the Bad and the Ugly, hands down.

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly by a longshot.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is just so much more epic and has characters that are much better defined. An easy choice.

Yep, easy. While I liked A Fistful of Dollars, TGTBATU is better in many ways. The characters are more memorable and more fleshed out, the music is better, the direction is better and the ending is better. The only thing I liked more in A Fistful of Dollars was Clint Eastwood's character. He's more bad-ass, because he's completely on his own during the movie. I did like Tuco a lot, don't get me wrong, but having him as a "sidekick" just lessens the awesomeness of Eastwood. Anyway, I'll go with TGTBATU.

The trilogy gets better with each movie.

The Good,The Bad and the Ugly

Both great Sergio Leone films. While Fistful is a great western, GBU is a legendary one.

The characters in GBU are some of the greatest ever, story is one of the best and the music is the greatest ever created...PERIOD!!! GBU trashes Fistful, which is still a fine intro to a great trilogy

Both are amazing, but the trilogy got even better as it went on until we got to Leone's Magnum Opus The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is clearly superior (although lets not be to hard on A Fistful of Dollars).

Both are very worthy, but A Fistful of Dollars is a tighter, leaner, more economical film. Not to mention being lifted from Kurosawa.

TGTBATU wins, but only by a slight margin. Both are two of the finest westerns ever made by the great Sergio Leone.

Both are great western classics. I'm a little more on TGTBATU than Fistful of Dollars, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Fistful is incredibly weak. The story is generic and weak and it just isn’t interesting. It’s sequels are brilliant. Better characters, great music, I love how the scope gets bigger and there’s more substance. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly wins!

Fistful is far from generic but TGTABTU is simply superior

Loved both, definitely better than the overrated For a Few Dollars More but A Fistful is taking the W here.