The World's End vs. This Is the End

10 comments

3 comments

Comedy apocalypse movies of 2013 with great ensemble casts? Hmm... Both had be laughing out loud... The World's End for now. Yeah, no, it's a much better movie. This Is the End had some nice "real" moments to it, but The World's End had real heart to it as well as being a very fine conclusion to a wonderful trilogy.

I completely agree mrmovie123. This Is the End was hilarious and had some great moments including the "Will Always Love You" scene. I enjoyed The World's End more though.

At Worlds End may just be the best summer film this year. Edgar Wright does it again, he proves several things. First (and very important) you can keep a camera still while shooting an action scene, the fight scenes were very impressive and fun, and the fact that I could very easily see what was going on helped tremendously. Second you can have character moments while also engaging in a non-stop action spectacle, this film had some of the best character reveals that were extremely effective and they didn't need to stop the film to do it. Now in relation to This is the End I enjoyed both movies and they both have effective comedy. This is the End had several scenes that made me and my friends almost in pain laughing at, but most of the jokes were just o.k. I really liked the cameos and the action was decent. I felt the ending was fine I really didn't feel like any of the redemptions was all that inspiring but I wasn't rooting for them to fail. However, At Worlds End contains just as good of humor I don't think I laughed as hard as I did at the best jokes in This is the End but I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this movie. Also I felt At Worlds End had better character resolutions and the personal scars and emotional traumas that get hinted at throughout the movie had so much more weight to them. Then like I mentioned earlier At worlds end had much better fight scenes some of the best this year (in my personal opinion). I would also like to give props to At Worlds End for its satire of corporate chains that are all assimilated to being the same without shoving it down our throats. I am defiantly going with At Worlds End, and will probably own both of these movies when they come out on Blu-ray.

This is the End is superior, but these are two of my favorite comedies of the decade for sure.

Americans vs. Brits! Who will win? Well, I found all of the World's End fantastic. Start to finish, every moment had me engaged. I'm such a fucking fanboy, Jesus Christ. But This is the End was also a really fun time, even if certain moments did leave me longing for a little more. But still, how can you not love either of these movies? They're both so damn creative!

This Is the End had some great moments but The World's End was solid funny throughout.

Yeah, The World's End for me too. More consistently funny and more clever. And it didn't have annoying product placement or constant referencing to other films.

JRM
JRM

Neither lived up to expectations, but The World's End was more enjoyable.

Neither of these are all that good. I've come to the conclusion that Edgar Wright's comedic stylings are not my cup of tea. Most of his films get on my nerves. This Is the End made me laugh much more, despite the repetitive drug and penis humor. The World's End had the repetitive beer humor, and was just too silly. Though I will say that the alien robots (or whatever) were kind of scary.

"This Is The End". I didn't like the type of humor in "The World's End" all that much and because of it, the film felt relatively disappointing to me.

TWE is few intend lead on final to drink, TITE is not for me

This is the End was massively disappointing. Good cast but the script was lazy as hell with only a couple gags and cameos worth remembering. The Worlds End? Not my favorite of the Cornetto trilogy but a damn hilarious way for them to go out.

wow, time to decide i guess.....

Both are hilarious but it is EASILY 'The World's End'.

Both are great, but This Is The End gets the win.

I am addicted to This Is The End. I must have watched it 20 times. I have only watched World's End once and although I did like the pub crawl aspect of it, I prefer This Is The End.