Forrest Gump vs. Amadeus

6 comments

7 comments

I always tell myself that Amadeus is one of my favorites, but seeing it here against the Gump is quite a challenge. Bubba Gump Shrimp or Too Many Notes?

Amadeus.

Amadeus.

Rock me Amadeus, Come on someone had to go there.

ear
ear

Amadeus deserved its Oscar win.

Amadeus, of course.

Gump is funnier, more epic in scope, and just all around richer.

Gotta go with Amadeus. Gump was very good, but I don't think I'll rewatch it in the near future.

i dont like FG! AMADEUS is one of the BEST!!!!!!!!!

They're both pandering dramas. I suppose Amadeus is the lesser offender. Still, it uses a "it shore looks nice" factor to distract from its low content/uninteresting craftsmanship.

Forrest. It can have it's critics...but to me, Gump never gets old. I thought Amadeus started off so strong...only to trail off the last 1/3 or so.

Amadeus is an amazing and clever film with a unique portrayal of Mozart that I really enjoyed. The film was directed very well and the music was weaved in superbly. However, Forrest Gump is one of my favourite films of all time; with Tom Hanks' performance as the titular character being my favourite performance in any film. The soundtrack sounds so innocent and beautiful and is also one on my favourite soundtracks. I feel it has one of the most quotable scripts out there and sort of tops all the things that Amadeus did well. Forrest Gump wins

Amadeus. No hesitation.

Forrest Gump is a beautiful and touching film, contrary to what some people believe. Amadeus is infinitely entertaining, and, upon second viewing, I think it may be the trashiest great film ever made.

Too much low brow bufoonery, bumbling and revisionism for either of these films to appeal to me. Not to say that idiocy is never palatable, but the effrontery of elevating the stupid rather than laughing at the stupid is too much for me.