Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull vs. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

1 comments

2 comments

This is a battle of the weakest entries of two enjoyable franchises. Dead Man's Chest did a lot of the ltitle things wrong, but it suffered from one glaring flaw. This flaw is brought to light when, during the final scene, the crazy voodoo lady reveals that she's brought Barbossa back from the dead. At that point, you just keep thinking "Holy (*swear word*)!! What if Geoffrey Rush had been in this movie from the beginning? That would have been pretty darn awesome." Because as much praise as Johnny Depp got for his role, Geoffrey Rush seemed to be having the time of his life playing a pirate. It was evident in the first movie, evident in the last movie, and its absence was incredibly noticeable during the second movie. I saw Dead Man's Chest in the theatre, and was all prepared to leave disappointed, when all of a sudden Barbossa re-appears and then all I could do was wonder at the adventures in store for the third bloody movie. As for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it's not as bad as people say it is. Not as good as anyone would have you believe, but it's definitely not a blight on cinema. Indy gets the win over Captain Jack in this battle, but not by much.

Ugh.

Both are weak,but to me seeing Indy ruined hurted more.