Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind vs. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

3 comments

0 comments

Two completely different sides of Jim Carrey. Not really a contest here at all but it certainly shows his range.

I actually never really cared for Jim Carrey. The Grinch, Batman Forever, he just seemed like a birthday clown who hates himself inside. That's why I found the 'You're a terrible actor' line in Snicket so hilarious. But, after just seeing Eternal Sunshine, I feel like I need to step back and rethink everything. Amazing movie.

Yeah, I'm with TheHonestFilmFan, I've never been a big Jim Carrey fan. Eternal Sunshine is easily his best performance. No contest here.

Eternal easily

Eternal Sunshine hands down. While I too would love to see Jim Carrey in some more serious roles, comparing these two movies as well as his others certainly does show his range. That being said, I highly suggest The Truman Show. It's as close as we can get to another "serious" Jim Carrey. Still funny but a more delightfully satirical, funny.