Rambo vs. First Blood

0 comments

12 comments

The icon starts... the icon ends. What happened in between was over-the-top idiocy. Good first and last films, however. First is best.

I did think that Rambo was the only truly decent sequel to First Blood. I damn near fell asleep during Rambo III. However, Rambo was just too dark and brutal and bloody for my liking, thus making First Blood the only truly good Rambo flick.

I'll go with Rambo, but both movies were great.

First Blood is a legitimately good film, bolstered by a fascinating script and fantastic on-location shooting, but weakened by Stallone's hammy monologue at the end. All other non-Rocky Stallone pictures are at best guilty pleasures (with Rambo being one of the better guilty pleasures).

The best two in the series by far. Still like the original better.

rambo

I liked Rambo, but First Blood is the best action movie of all time!

I think, you just kidding. First Blood is wonderful, but no THE BEST ACTION FILM EVER MADE

First Blood crushes Rambo.

First blood is by far not the best action movie of all time. Terminator, Weapon, Die Hard to name a few. As of this match.....yeah I'll go with the original.

First Blood is still the best but it's good to see the character end in style. I hope it was the end.

^ Lol, your hopes were shattered. Last Blood was kinda dissapointing. Anyways, out of these two, definitely First Blood.

Rambo 4 was a great return to the gritty side of the series after Rambo 3 got things a little too over-the-top (though, I’m not gonna act like I didn’t like that). It has excellent action and pretty solid character development. But as good as Rambo 4 is, it still can’t compare to the original masterpiece. First Blood is just one of the best, it explores a sensitive topic amazingly, leading to one of the most heartbreaking scenes in cinema. Rambo 4 was a great return, but First Blood is still unbeatable.

"Rambo 4 was a great return, but First Blood is still unbeatable." Yeah that's accurate, First Blood is still one of the best action movies ever made